8.29.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am sore from a work out I did two days ago.
I have on mismatched pajamas.
I am writing in the morning-all alone. J left early, my big kiddos are at school and B is asleep.
I hear a fan and three recipes blowing in its breeze.
I smell mint from my tea.
I feel heavy hearted yet peaceful at the same time knowing that today a woman, wife & mother is
beautifully witnessing to the world as she is in her last hours on this earth. Their story is a story of true love and the depth of their faith makes their journey anything but tragic. Her husband humbles me to the core,

"I, along with thousands of you, continue to pray for a miracle. However, I also have prepared my heart to accept her death. I love her so dearly and want to spend many more years together, but when we got married we promised to lead one another to heaven. What kind of husband would I be to keep her from that eternal bliss?

A love greater than ours may take Angela home very soon. Keep praying for that miracle, but know that - if it please God to bring her home, we are at peace.
...I am laying in bed, next to my best friend, my love, my favorite. I cannot sleep for I know her time is short, I can only think on the great love we share and on how blessed she is to go home to an even greater love. I tried to sleep but kept being woken. I'm so sad, but I am also so blessed to have had a front row seat to Angela's amazing journey. The way God has transformed her heart to be ready for heaven is a miracle in itself."


I see a receipt for Birchbox, excited to receive my first package.
I see a hysterical blog post sent to me by my funniest friend-it's gross but oh so funny. I laughed so hard I could not breathe. Seriously, I'm immature-like it or not.
I'm hoping for a fun morning with B, my SIL and my sweet Goddaughter. Museum, here we come.
I'm thankful for my hubby-I'm thankful for his commitment to his career, taking fatherhood to heart and loving me through PMS.
I'm trying to get my mind off the beach but I'm yearning for some time in the sand.
I'm peaceful with a "coincidence" that happened last night.
I've accomplished waking two very tired kiddos from bed this morning after a late evening at a baseball game. I successfully got them showered, fed and out the door without one tear. I've also accomplished making a refreshing cup of mint tea to soothe my weary tummy.
I knew the moment I woke up I'd beat the alarm clock. I snuck in 15 minutes of reading before waking the bambinos.
Today, with intention,  I will be patient despite feeling rather crappy. My discomfort is nothing -- truly, nothing.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we continue to pray.... and look into the sweet eyes of two of my sweet grandbabies loving on each other and remember the two little one's that will need so much love....MIL

Liz R said...

Your post made me cry, I'm praying for that sweet family. Thank you for posting the link to the fart story... I laughed A LOT. I guess I'm immature too! I have a first date tomorrow... I really hope I don't have a story like that to share on Saturday... Keep writing so that I can continue to enjoy your words!