8.14.2012

It's All Greek to Me and ahhhh...Instagram!

I love weekends.

I especially love weekends that include my hubby, our kiddos, our friends,
food, adult beverages and even a little bit of baseball.

 This past weekend had it all.
Oh, and it had Instagram.
I'm a newbie but I'm hooked.
It's sorta the lazy version of blogging,
which is really appealing to me.


We hosted our Gourmet Club dinner on Saturday night.
As always, the food was delicious, the drinks were divine but
the company was the best.
Bonus: I got to rock a 7 week old baby to sleep.


The theme was Greek, this was our menu:
  • Appetizers- Feta Dipping Platter, Spinach & Feta Turnovers, Hummus & Pitas
  • Entree- Greek Chicken Kabobs
  • Side- Falafel with Tzaziki 
  • Side- Whole Wheat Orzo Greek Salad
  • Dessert- Cinnamon Bun Cake
  • Beverage- Greek Mojitos
The dessert was not Greek at all however it was a request I had to grant.
So glad I did because it was delicious.
In fact, I know someone who indulged in two pieces and he claims to not like desserts.



We went to a baseball game on Sunday, compliments of a friend of ours.
Thanks, R.
 Great game, cooler temps inside than the 115 outside
and lots of time for me to create
Instagram collages.
Can you tell?


Monday wasn't too hard to face knowing I had a girls day planned with one of my besties.
A movie, lunch, wine and salted caramel dessert.
Thank you, I'll take it.

And now it's Tuesday.
Get this...those who know me will be impressed.
By 8 a.m. today I'd already been to the grocery store,
made yellow play dough for B's class,
fed my kiddos breakfast,
started dinner,
took my kiddos to school
AND
got myself ready for the day.
(shoulder pat).



***



Please, please keep them in your prayers.


2 comments:

Keri said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Yep, Instagram is definitely my lazy way of blogging!

I am praying for the Faddis family. Their story hits way too close to home, as I have a close friend with two small children who is also battling cancer. Breaks my heart and keeps me grounded when I think my life is the slightest bit rough. They will be in my constant prayers.

karen said...

I am sooo impressed with all you accomplished this morning before sane people should even be out of bed!!! High Five to you!!!