I am feeling sluggish from a long night of excitement, tears and cheering. Man, these Olympics are exhausting. Grueling. And to think we're just lazily enjoying them from our couch. "Go USA" said the USA Couch Potatoes!
I have been forgetful lately. And spacey. And non-committal. Sadly, I have friends who can attest to this.
I am so glad my big kiddos are both in good spots at school - socially,
academically and emotionally. The beginning of the year hasn't always
been smooth sailing. So far, so good.
I hear B and my nephews making maps that will lead to their treasures.
I smell Chinese rice crackers. They remind me of my aunt...Hi, Jan.
I feel happy that all it takes is a text sent to/from a cousin to stay in touch. A simple "thinking of you" makes me smile. Several times this week, I've smiled. I love my cousins.
I see a recipe for this delicious salad. I want to eat it now.
I see a pile of workout DVD's on the counter. I alternate them when I don't go to the gym. This has proven to be very difficult with B near by. If its yoga or Pilates I'm doing, he crawls all over me. If its any sort of cardio version, he critiques me...seriously. "Mom, you need to lift your arms higher!" or he says, "I'm hungry, I want to eat." Yeah, me too buddy. Or the best part is when he tells me to take off my shirt and pull down my shorts past my belly button like "the girl on TV."
I'm hoping to add finishing touches to our bedroom soon--night stands, lamps and art.
I'm thankful my parents are able to vacation this summer. It was iffy due to my dad's health but they've enjoyed several weeks in the Midwest with friends and family. What's the opposite of a snow bird? Whatever it is my parents have claimed the title.
I'm trying to be more grateful. Inspired by a friends post on Facebook, he challenged us all to be more thankful, patience and understanding of our spouses. His wife is ill. His eyes are open to what is real-what is important. I'm taking his words to heart.
I'm peaceful knowing that all strong trees have deep tangled roots that needed lots of nurturing.
I've accomplished taking B to Meet the Teacher. We are embarking on our 7th year at our preschool. I am reminded every year why I love it -- the philosophy, opportunities and the teachers. We really love those teachers.
I knew the moment I woke up I had to hustle. Last night was late and I slacked on my chores. I had a sink full of dirty dishes, lunches to be made, breakfast to be prepped and children to send off in smiles.
Today, with intention, I will finish two tasks I've neglected. I will, I will, I will...



1 comment:
Love your Wednesday Senses posts. I'm way too much of a busy body to be in tune with my senses any day of the week, but wish I could! (New Years Resolution 2013??)
Glad your kiddos are adjusting well to school! I pray for a smooth transition for us next week!
Post a Comment