One moment I wanted to be an Olympic gymnast.
The next moment, I wanted blue hair and people to call me Katy Perry.
Like everyone else I'm enjoying the Olympics. Yes, they call for late nights and early mornings but so be it. It's fun, entertaining and gripping at times. It's not just the
(I was going to post a picture here of the men's swim team but searched online for over
5 minutes and feel like I must go to confession...holy smokes.)
5 minutes and feel like I must go to confession...holy smokes.)
And of course the gymnastics is exciting-the highs and lows, the leotards, the drama and we can't forget to mention the hair. I had a horrible headache last weekend and I almost want to blame it on those tight, pulled back, barrette heavy pony tails. Don't even get me started on the Scrunchies. Where can one even purchase Scrunchies since 1992? Headache guaranteed.
Speaking of hair...
I saw the Katy Perry movie recently. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. Really, I didn't expect to shed tears or laugh out loud. I did both, several times. Aside from how talented she is and how real she was portrayed, that girl is beautiful. Drop dead gorgeous and she spent half the movie sans make up.
Before I get any nasty comments about Katy Perry--I am well aware that her behavior, clothing choices and music do not support the morals we have in our home. I know that already, thankyouverymuch.
KK told me I was "too emotional" watching the Olympics. PMS and the Olympics are a deadly combination. It's true, all those tear jerker commercials. P & G knows how to pull on these heart strings. And then there are the parents, especially Aly Raisman's. There are hundreds of video clips flying around with those two clowns. But can you blame them?
So beyond the identity crisis I had, both the movie and the Olympics are inspiring. The messages sent by both-- if you have a dream, you must work very, very hard to achieve that dream.
Girl Power.

1 comment:
LIKE :)
Post a Comment