4.02.2012

Drugs. We've got em'.

A holiday is right around the corner which means my kiddos are sick.
Ironically, when holidays approach my dad ends up in the hospital as well.

Two for two.
If I'd of known our predictions would be spot on I'd of purchased a lottery ticket.

Two out of three of our kids are down...as of now. 
Holy week just got a lot holier considering I pray this 10x a day, "Please Lord, keep the rest of us healthy."
C started the string of sickness on Friday.
It traveled the short distance to his brother, which is not difficult considering they sleep 3 inches apart.
I'm happy to say that C is on the road to recovery but my baby doesn't seem to be progressing.
Doctors appointments in the a.m. and we'll go from there.
I don't want a repeat of last Easter. Both C and J were throwing up last year and it had nothing to do with Cadbury eggs.

C managed to perk up enough to play in his baseball game this weekend. Good thing considering they won and it would have crushed him to miss it. And by the way, they wouldn't have won without him...did I say that?





The weekend passed with endless naps, Gatorade bottles, Tylenol, Ibuprofen and Netflix.
Uncle N stopped by on Sunday for a little backyard ball. My boys loved it and it happened to be a time when they were both medicated, which means, they were off the couch.
B is Uncle N's son clone.
I walked outside to find B trying to start leaves on fire and trying to burn ants.
Lessons by Uncle Nate--Mastered.

   
As horrible as it sounds, having two kids down encouraged a very relaxing weekend. Every time I heard, "Mom, I want you to lay by me," I jumped on the opportunity. I kept my book nearby and hadn't read so much in a weekend since college. We had purposely not made plans for the weekend other than C's game. Sometimes it's just needed. Sick or not.

Hopefully on the road to recovery.
Anyone know a shortcut?

No comments: