4.25.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am sadly admitting that it makes me smile when B watches an episode of Dora. We read Dora books all. the. time. but he's just recently discovered the show. It reminds me so much of when KK and C were little. You'd think after ten years of "Lo hicimos, we did it!" I'd be crazy but no, I'm comforted.
I have questions that linger...magazine or book? shorts or jeans? to blog or not to blog? tacos or taco salad? music or silence?
I am eager to get in the shower and wash my hair. It's so unlike me to purchase a product without recommendation but I did it. I bought a hair straightener serum I'm itching to try.
I hear the washing machine, C talking (this has been nonstop for days), KK chewing (major pet peeve) and B telling us he's dancing like a princess. Awesome.
I smell waffles, syrup and coffee.
I feel anxious. I have a lot to do, several places to be and ideas in my mind. I read this quote last night and it is repeating in my brain over and over as I analyze it. It speaks to me LOUDLY.
"Anxiety is part of creativity, the need to get something out, the need to be rid of something or to get in touch with something within."
I see my calendar and a list of summer options for the kiddos.
I see B dressed for the day. He had no interest in what I picked out for him and is currently wearing a sweatshirt. It's supposed to be 95 degrees.
I'm hoping to enjoy my time at a bd party for B's friend. Let's be honest, sometimes attending kiddos birthday parties are work, er maybe that's not the right word, torture? No, a challenge. I've got high hopes for today tho. Chuck E. Cheese never fails. "It's where a kid can be a kid." (and get sick and eat crappy food)
I'm thankful for B's humor and joy. This kid keeps me smiling and shaking my head in amazement. Where does he get it?
I'm trying to be patient and extra attentive to C. He's recently validated the middle child syndrome.
I'm peaceful knowing I've got quality time planned to spend with my girl in the next few days.
I've accomplished 20 things half-@ssed. Working on success here, folks.
I knew the moment I woke up that the neighbors were getting a new roof. Hello, 6 a.m. insanity.
Today, with intention, I will focus on listening, really listening to C, snuggle on B, focus on slowing down and thanking God for another day with my hubby and kiddos.

Beauty from Uncle Billy's front yard



No comments: