We did a quick turn around trip to San Diego last weekend. We left Friday a.m. and returned home on Sunday night...I told the kids if they blinked, they'd miss it.
We crammed a lot of family, fun and festivities into three days.
Saturday we had a memorial for J's cousin, Cindy. It was nice to have everyone together to celebrate her life...a room filled with love, no doubt. Stories were shared and many tears were shed.
We also honored the life of one of his great aunt's, Aunt Peggy. I recall when J and I were dating, she pulled me aside to take a walk with her. She gushed about how much J liked me and what a great match we would be. I remember strolling down the sidewalk with our arms latched together, giggling like little girls talking about cute boys.
After Mass on Sunday we gathered with family to celebrate Easter. J's aunt and uncle host every year and their home is the perfect place to welcome so many people. Jumpy house, basket ball court, horse back riding, batting cage, delicious food and an awesome egg hunt.
This hunt was for the 4 and under group. The big kiddos scored on the hunt, they even got money! The San Diego Easter bunny has proven himself to be better than our desert bunnies here in AZ. Phooey.
My love and I.
When we gathered for prayer before lunch, I did a quick head count and estimated it be roughly 100 people. I whispered to C, "Look around this circle, you are related to everyone here. You have a lot to be thankful for."
He replied, "So do you, Mom."
And with that, I can't argue.




3 comments:
Thank you for your sharing Michelle, a beautiful weekend it was, God,love,family, sharing and life...we even sang Happy 85th birthday to Dad.
...with love MIL
MIchelle,
Thank you . What a beautiful pictorial remembrance of a wonderful weekend! You captured the mood beautifully.
You and Jason have a beautiful family.
Love,
Great Aunt Patti
Hi Michelle,
What a beautiful memorial to two beautiful people, my mom, Peggy and my cousin Cindy.
Julie and I had an experience of a lifetime spending time with cousins, aunties, uncles and relatives we haven't seen in many years. We enjoyed ourselves so much and are hoping we have more reunions. We have so many more cousins for you to meet from Northern California.
What a beautiful family you have!
Love,
Cousin Kimmy
Post a Comment