4.24.2012

thoughts of the day...um, the middle of the night


This alone makes me want to have another.


I sure hope my kiddos can look back and say this.


Oh, how I love that brick wall.


However,
I saw this and my mind started thinking.


We've been toying with the idea of putting our bed in front of the window in our room.
It seemed unbalanced to me until I started viewing other pictures.




I read this earlier this week, then reread it again today. If you have children on the brink of being  teenagers, it's a great read. She nails it on the head with many parenting issues. I've referenced her writing a few times on my blog.

I've been busy doing research and trying to make our summer schedule. It's hard work trying to meet all the intellectual, physical and social needs of all the kiddos. I've seen the fun idea of creating a summer list out there in blogland. I'm guessing I'm not very fun. We are somewhat limited with the miserable weather here. I'd struggle with controlling what could really happen and what would really happen...I'm afraid I'd shatter too many of their expectations.

What I'd really like to do all summer is curl up in bed with an iced tea and read...and read...and read.
Thinking we'll be spending lots of time at the "liberry." --that's just for you, Laura.



 This may be a bit more for my liking.
Simple.

source: deliacreates

 And it just wouldn't be a complete thought filled post without
mentioning food or sharing a recipe.

You can thank me now.

Since we're on the cusp of sizzling temperatures,
 it is the perfect time to make my G'ma Sweetheart's Chocolate Sauce.

She always served it over ice cream. 

I serve it to the kiddos drizzled over strawberries.

But for me, I prefer to indulge with a spoon.
That's it.
Just me, the chocolate sauce and a spoon.



Chocolate Sauce to Die For
yields a full pint jar

2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix ingredients above in a sauce pan.
Slowly add:

2 cups water
2 tablespoons butter

Cook to boil~5 minutes on low.
Stir.

Cool, then add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Get out your spoon.

If you try this recipe, feel free to leave 1/2 a pint at my front door.

 
 








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have had our bed in front of the window FOREVER! It is so nice sleeping on cold winter nights with the windows open. Do it!