I have awesome neighbors. On Valentine's Eve about 9:45 there was a knock on our door. In a previous conversation, I'd shared with them that I'd never had bread pudding. To my delight they delivered the BEST hot-out-of-the-oven bread pudding accompanied with homemade whipped cream. Delightful.
I am disappointed in the weather. Supposedly we were getting rain yesterday which would be a great addition to the holiday. Since ya know, I love rain and VD is all about love right? Well, it's left me heartbroken.
I hear my boys trying to beat the timer while emptying the dishwasher. "Go Coley!" "We did it!"
I smell left over pancakes and syrup. I can't stand the smell of syrup on kiddos.
I feel emotional. Enough said. You get it. As I drove to the gym I saw a young couple at the cemetery, standing arm in arm near a headstone. I cried. Then at the gym I watched an older couple, the man obviously recovering from a stroke. He did all the working out. His wife walked along side him, helping him, encouraging him and holding his water as he drank. I cried.
I see a renewal bill for a magazine I didn't order. I think it's a marketing strategy, they send me a copy of a magazine and hope I'll "renew" aka, sign up and pay the bill. False. (Although I did enjoy reading Rachael Ray's most recent issue, thank you Marketing Dept.)
I see my daughter, dressed for the day. Definitely a ten year old who is independent and doing her own hair (!). "Release control...release control"
I'm hoping to finish off some trim work in the boys room, get that Goodwill run done from last week and deliver dinner to a friend.
I'm thankful that one of my favorite cousins will be here in a few weeks. Can't wait to see him!
I'm trying to "release control."
I'm peaceful with some decisions J has made regarding parenting and the needs of our kiddos.
I've accomplished cleaning up the endless piles of art supplies scattered around our house. I still have so much to do. My house is to blame for that anxious feeling in my stomach. But this makes me excited...one week from today!
I knew the moment I woke up I was thankful for a fun evening with our family carrying out our Valentines day tradition of making homemade valentines for each other.
Today, with intention, I will pray for some friends who have asked for special intentions.
Look at that deliciousness.
Bread pudding like no other.
I spent an entire hour on the treadmill because of that.
Bread pudding like no other.
I spent an entire hour on the treadmill because of that.
Breakfast on Valentine's Day...and today.
I know it's not original. I know every other home does the same thing.
My kids no longer appreciate it.
Next year, they're getting Puffins.
Next year, they're getting Puffins.



2 comments:
I cry when I see the old man hobble up to the altar every single morning at mass...and the elderly couple who pray the rosary together after mass, holding hands...and the man who quietly "shushes" his wife who is slowly losing her mind and talks gibberish through mass...
its good though
means our eyes and hearts are open :-)
Your curtains match my chair! The black and white ones. I love that pattern!
Post a Comment