2.24.2012

Look mom, no hands!

A few random thoughts on this Friday. A lot is going through my mind, I think it's trying to catch up with my body. Remember that coconut cake I made this week? This is where some of it ended up when I foolishly asked him to carry it. Silly me.



The Voice, do you watch it? I don't watch much TV but J and I do enjoy this show. Christina Aguilera is so dang annoying, never mind a hooch. Adam Levine, mmmmm. Very cool concept they've got going but really wish Christina and even Cee-Lo Creepy Man would go elsewhere.



My mother in law juiced bags of lemons and froze them into ice cubes. Oh what pleasure they bring to my day when I put them in my water bottle. No seeds and flavored water...the simple pleasures.

B has been especially humorous lately. He proudly proclaimed to a room of family members, "My mom doesn't read!" Wow, bet that would've impressed all my former students and their parents. What the?


This week exhausted me. I woke up this a.m. saying, "I can do this, I can do this." This weekend will not be my time to catch up either. But so be it. I was home 14 minutes yesterday, long enough to jump in the shower and fly out the door again with wet hair. I can relate to the woman below...although I wouldn't be caught dead in khaki pants. Maybe that's the cause of her migraine?

 Eternally (oh, Billy? are you sitting down?) the teacher, I took advantage of a cool opportunity this week to teach my kiddos about the writing/production process. KK has a big school project coming up that entails hours of research, writing scripts and creating a video. We had a camera crew here from a local news station taping our family for a small segment. The producer took the time to explain how creating her story took weeks of research, a writing staff and two hours at our home all for a 3 minute segment on the news. They were awesome with my kiddos which made the experience beneficial on both ends.
 



KK is actually taking the picture with help from the camera man.

"Look mom, no hands!" I've heard this everyday this week while the kids were outside biking. I hate it yet love it at the same time. Hate it for obvious reasons...Cole is already wearing an air splint for a previous injury. Love it for the independence they feel and the freedom it gives them, even if it's for 2 seconds.






Every day at 4 p.m. I pick up my kiddos from school. On the way I pass an outdoor patio/bar that gives me a slight feeling of jealousy. Beautiful days like this just beg for patio dining and cocktails. I try to divert my attention to the other side of the road but that's where Wal-Mart is and that leaves me unsettled. So I glance back to the packed patio and say, "Cheers, you turds."



 Happy Weekend... be safe.

4 comments:

Liz Rotner said...

Why were you all on the news??

Yunker said...

It is totally because of the migraine! No one our age should be wearing khaki pants! Or unless they work at Target. :)

Laura said...

DON'T LOOK AT THE PATIO!!! DON'T LOOK!!!!

I lived across the street from a coffee shop in LA
I would pass it everyday...in my mini van..full of fighting kids...listening to KIDZ BOP...and see THEM...the childless, coffee drinking, too much time on their hands, assholes! EVERYDAY I used to scream out "Don't any of you have a JOB????????????????????????????"

wow
years later and I am still so bitter....

keep calm and carry on said...

ummm.... i want to see the video!!!!! when can i see it??????????????