It was an all day adventure with friends.
Sometimes there is nothing better--better for the mind, definitely better for the soul.
A day without a schedule from sun up through sun down.
We did have an agenda just not a time line.
Our mission: sip delicious coffee, tour historic homes, eat and possibly consume adult beverages sitting on a patio enjoying the gorgeous weather. Dreamy right?
Along with a lot of laughter our mission was accomplished.
My mom always told me, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
So for the few homes that were quaint and beautiful, we loved it.
For the remaining, "I won't say anything at all."
In the end, the real beauty revealed in the day presented itself in the hearts of my friends.
I've said it before but I say it again with sincerity and much gratefulness, I have the best friends.
Spending a Saturday afternoon sitting on a patio discussing topics close to our hearts and laughing is creating history of a different kind.
The homes were strong, stable, unique, and had beauty appreciated in the eyes of the owners. From the outside, many were beautiful. However, others left the front as a facade and they were dated and sterile inside. False hope. It was easy to turn away.
We need friendships that are strong, stable, unique and beautiful to those who own the friendship.
Our friendships needs to taken care of like the maintenance of a home - working on the imperfections, managing the upgrades, nurturing the true heart of hearts-the soul, securing insurance and every once in a while applying Spackle where it's needed.
As I look back at my pictures from the day, it's the little things that I found most remarkable in the homes. Whether it be the trim, the lighting or knobs, it was the details--the place where someone put forth effort and character to make something beautiful.
Historically, like those friendships I cherish...
with protection and extra care.














2 comments:
aghhh!!! THAT WAS SUCH AN AWESOME DAY!! your pictures are awesome. YOU are awesome!!!
I LOVE these kind of days. Looks like so much fun. I need to schedule a day like this, soon!
Post a Comment