B's typical stance at the window after J leaves for work.
***
Ever wonder what your gift is?
Where your talent is hidden?
What makes you different from anyone else?
What you have to offer others?
Today I'm wondering all the above.
I do know that clearly I am not very organized.
I am not good at time management.
I do not do well under pressure or with deadlines.
I can't easily make decisions.
I'm non committal.
I have anxiety issues.
Sometimes, I am lazy. Some days, in fact.
I made a batch of crappy cookies this week.
I have horrible cramps.
I didn't make it to the gym.
The floors need to be cleaned.
I had an encounter with an older woman
that left me feeling like a 12 year old little girl.
My hallway is lined with laundry baskets that
I can't keep up on.
Heavy sigh.
But I also had a sweet little girl as my co-pilot today that
brought a smile to my face (babies can do that to you),
I had an unexpected lunch with a friend
and I received a text that said,
"I trust you."
I had an aunt offer to help
finish off the boys room.
I had my sister offer to take
B for a few hours.
"This too shall pass"
1 comment:
listen to matthew kelly
he talks about discovering your genius
he says that everyone does something better than anyone else...maybe being a mom, a teacher, a doctor, or simply loving their spouse.
the reason so many people walk around in quiet desperation, he says, is because they have not discovered their genius. Or even worse, they gave up on it...
we tend (and by we, I mean "I") to judge ourselves by OTHER peoples talents. But as Matthew says, "If a fish spends his whole life trying to climb a tree, he will spend his whole life thinking he is stupid."
I think you are a great mom, amazing friend, good listener, and writer.
just sayin' :-)
Post a Comment