2.19.2012

Fat Tuesday yet on a Friday.

It was my first time.



I'd chosen "the one" very carefully.


I was a virgin fryer.


It got hot and steamy.


I made sure everything was ready.


It was a bit uncomfortable.


And messy.


But oh so worth the wait.


So delicious.

Not bad for my first time.



We spent Friday evening with our "Gourmet Club."
Actually this particular club has been meeting for years, however, this was our first time.
We had so much fun and managed to stay awake until 1 a.m. on a Friday night...aren't Friday nights tough? We're toast.

One of the founding couples is now living in Chicago and was greatly missed.
And I mean, greatly.










In true form, the food was amazing and the drinks were spectacular but does the term "Gourmet Club" get tainted if you end up with a bag of Doritos on the table at the end of the night?

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the picture of all the couples sitting around the table...

makes me miss my group of friends...

I am a virgin too.
Glad your first time was a success!!!

Nicolle said...

You are brave, I don't think I could ever make those. They look delicious.

Love those napkins too.