2.08.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am crabby and impatient. Heading to the gym, hoping for a natural remedy in seeking joy.
I have tired and hungover eyes. Didn't have any alcohol but stayed up until 2 a.m. finishing my book. It is so lame that it took almost two months to get through it.
I am drinking coffee but know I should have made a protein shake instead. I feel obligated to finish though. Sort of like my book...
I hear my boys playing shark and fisherman while jumping off the couch. B insists on including his kitty (a stuffed animal he's named Hairy) in the game. I hear a lot of teeth chomping. What a mess I'll have to clean up if there is a shark attack on our family room floor. Just another day in the hood called "mother."
I smell Spanish rice and bean burritos. Just made lunch for C's teacher as it's conference day. I remember those days being so long, physically and mentally. Two things I remember: repetition and discovering that the apple NEVER falls far from the tree.
I feel no pain from the huge, nasty bruise I discovered on my body. Strangest thing ever. I don't recall any incident from which it could have happened yet it looks like I was punched. Maybe it's a shark bite?
I see KK's GS cookie order form and boxes of cookies overtaking the living room. Death by cookies would be so much better than a shark attack, no?
I see empty laundry baskets. That's right kids, you heard me. All laundry is put away.
I'm hoping to find an idea for the kiddos Valentine's cards for classmates. Pinterest, I'm on my way...
I'm thankful for my aunt and uncle. After volunteering at school all day yesterday we came home to the boys bedroom painted a new color. I am so grateful. And no, they aren't available to paint your house:)
I'm trying to sneak a few large bags of toys to Goodwill without the boys seeing me. Wish me luck.
I'm peaceful with a commitment our family has made to attend Adoration more often.
I've accomplished tackling some emails that needed my attention, doing some research for an upcoming day trip and being summoned to the bathroom to wipe some rear.
I knew the moment I woke up it was Tuesday. Then I got of bed and remembered J was out of town, which means its Wednesday.  Wednesday, B doesn't have school so the kiddos can sleep in. So I crawled back in bed myself.
Today, with intention I will strive to get B dressed and out the door without raising my voice at all. Getting him dressed is one of the biggest parenting struggles we've encountered. Such a simple task is a huge movement in our house...some days it involves everyone. I hate it.

Update: I did not raise my voice, however, he did not get dressed. We're off to the gym in PJ's and he's in tears. So am I.


No comments: