1.03.2014

Hello 2014, Goodbye Tonsils


yesterday was a big day for c.
a day he's long awaited.
after six bouts of strep throat last year,
(and having to miss two baseball games...a bigger deal to him)
his wish came true.


 he was a little nervous the night before
but was all smiles the day of.


for C the hardest part until surgery was
that dang "food tray" sign.
i'm sure that's the longest he's ever gone without food.


for us this was the hardest part...


i assumed we'd be near his bedside as he had anesthesia.
nope.
away he walked.
by himself.
until...


he came out of surgery as expected...
groggy, in pain and asking for a
blue cheese cheeseburger.
what the?
(obviously he had great pain killers!)

hours later proved to be more realistic.
we're staying on top of the pain medication
and enjoying a lot of ice cream and watching football.
when one of his buddies showed up to
play video games,
that big, dimpled smile appeared.

although it's hard to watch him when he's hurting,
it's been extremely quiet (if you know C, you know why) around here
and we're enjoying the relaxation
and soaking up a lot of cuddles.

{notice that white board.
we're trying really hard
to limit his talking.
easier said than done.}
 

3 comments:

Laura said...

loving the black and white photos

his dimples are insane

prayers for fast healing!

Anonymous said...

i can't even handle how cute he is. a blue cheese cheeseburger? i lol'd at that.

~nellie

Nicolle said...

I love that 2nd picture, with his sock feet! He is the cutest, and I pray that he is fully recovered and feeling well. Hope you are doing well too. Have I ever told you that your blog is such a refreshing part of my day?! Selfishly I wish you would post every day, so I'd have something wonderful to read, more often. xo