1.22.2014

Wednesday Senses

I am playing catch up today. I knew I had a lot on the "to do" list. I even went out of my way to swing by my favorite local coffee shop to purchase an amp-ted up cup of joe. It worked. I'm rather spastic.
  
I have been reminded daily just how tough it is to be a tween girl. It simply just sucks at times.

I am ready for a vacation. We made it through the holidays, endured a tonsillectomy recovery and manged some rough mornings getting back to school but we did it.  The beach sounds good about now.
 
I hear "How Great Thou Art" by Carrie Underwood. Have you heard her version? Ah-maz-ing.


I smell cough drops. I've got a nagging cough that is annoying. As children when we had a cough we sucked on Luden's cough drops. Remember those oval shaped bits of sweetness? The lettering used to scratch the roof of my mouth. Pure candy, I tell ya.

I feel it's time to shed the sweatshirt and toasty slippers.

I see gorgeous white hydrangeas on my counter. They should be a permanent piece of decor shipped to my door step weekly. Think Amazon Prime could handle that?

I see B's journal entry from last week's "Mystery Box" at school. He boldly said, "I'm going to put Baby Jesus in the box. No one will ever guess what's inside unless I give the hint: "We love Him."
Innocence of a child. (Nobody puts Baby Jesus in a box like nobody puts Baby in the corner.)



I'm hoping for some winter weather this winter. Eighty degrees is beautiful don't get me wrong...but it's January.  Mother Nature, pull it together.

I'm thankful for marriage.




I'm trying to finish up my book this week. It's on the "to do" list.

I'm peaceful with "probably benign" results of some recent testing. Man, turning 40 and getting positive results for cancer would have aged me in a week. So very thankful.

I've accomplished so much already and it's only noon. Yay me!



I knew the moment I woke up B was scared. He same barreling into our room at top speed driven by fear from a bad dream. After some comfort he said, "Mom, I think I'm just hungry."

Today, with intention, I will cross things off my list, be encouraging of math homework (I really, really dislike math. Disliked it in 6th grade. Dislike it now.), get dinner made at a decent hour and read for twenty minutes. Funny, sometimes my kiddos complain when I tell them they have to read, I'm just hoping to squeeze it in without falling asleep before bed.

No comments: