I am mentally preparing for baseball season to return. My friend, N, put it so well, "... most people prepare for a snowstorm, hurricane, or the apocalypse. We prepare for baseball seasons."
I have an ice pack over my eyes and lavender oil on my temples.
I am posting from my phone-me and Siri working hand in hand.
I am posting from my phone-me and Siri working hand in hand.
I hear a fly. Every once in a while I see him wiz by me. Last week I killed two of them with my bare hands. Today, I'm not feeling it.
I smell Rhodes rolls baking in the oven. They are hot, billowy poison to me. Or at least I tell myself that. I bet I could devour an entire pan if I tried. Do not ever set me up for the challenge.
I feel the pressure of my kiddos school schedules lately. KK diligently worked on a big paper this week, which means, I feel like I worked on a big paper this weekend. Book report this weekend. And oh,
I see my lit "J-O-Y" letters from my Christmas decor. I'm having a hard time taking them down. We still need joy the rest of the year. They may be up all year.
I'm hoping for a friends broken heart to be healed.
I'm thankful for the information available to us as we try to parent and guide our children to make the right choices. So much is offered to us in our community of faith. Some friends and I heard a great speaker this week who saddened and inspired me at the same time. If you're not praying for the cultural war your child is battling, do it. It's just as important as nourishing them, teaching manners and providing shelter.
I'm trying to be a better parent. I know, we all are but I've felt pretty crappy about my parenting skills lately. Recently I pulled out an old favorite parenting book (Yes, the title is cheesy) to put in my favorite reading spot. I was so pleased this week to see Sarah doing a summary on it. Coincidence? I think not.
I'm trying to be a better parent. I know, we all are but I've felt pretty crappy about my parenting skills lately. Recently I pulled out an old favorite parenting book (Yes, the title is cheesy) to put in my favorite reading spot. I was so pleased this week to see Sarah doing a summary on it. Coincidence? I think not.
I'm peaceful when I make time for myself-whether it be reading or having lunch with friends. I've enjoyed an abundance of both lately.
I've accomplished washing AND folding all the laundry, dishes, loading the dishwasher, making dinner, resting my weary head, drinking a boatload of lemon water, reading and grocery shopping.
I knew the moment I woke up that a migraine would be creeping its evil way into my day. Spent half the day fighting him off.I've accomplished washing AND folding all the laundry, dishes, loading the dishwasher, making dinner, resting my weary head, drinking a boatload of lemon water, reading and grocery shopping.
Today, with intention, I've got to believe this...
1 comment:
i love you.
thats first.
second...i hear you. that four kid school thing.
i am drowning over here...
mission in africa anyone???
and...i listened to Leah Darrow on youtube while i cooked dinner today...talking to girls about virtue...purity....i cried while i prepared the drumsticks....
and again...
i love you
Post a Comment