I am posting from my bed. My hubby is frantically plugging away on my computer, tending to work matters. I'm comfortably typing on my iPad, relaxing with pillows surrounding me. Poor guy.
I have a daughter that I think is beautiful and really funny.
I am thinking about Heaven tonight, welcoming a woman who most likely showed up wearing her tiara and smelling of roses.
I hear the baseball game and a little boy reiterating the play by plays to his father too preoccupied to watch. That little boy really should be in bed. School is quickly approaching, why isn't his mother getting him on a schedule? Tsk, tsk.
I smell lavender pillow mist. Speaking of smells, the past two nights as I've cuddled next to B he's said, "Mom, you smell like water." Not sure where to go with that bit of information...
I see new backpacks, empty lunch boxes and clean tennis shoes. Added next to the pile will be un-sharpened pencils, fresh notebooks, pointed crayons and folders in a rainbow of colors. New school supplies excite me, especially the ream of lined college ruled paper. None of that wide ruled stuff for this girl. Oh, no.
I see my fortune from tonight's dinner of Chinese take out. "Your experiences this week will all make good sense within the year." I don't believe in fortunes but I'm pretty sure God is telling us to buy a pop up camper. I mean, it is clear as day isn't it? (I'm not looking forward to tent sleeping this weekend, can you tell?)
I'm hoping for a peaceful transition next week as my kiddos venture back to schedules school. Not quite ready for this next chapter titled, "All 3 Leave Me." Not gonna talk about it, not gonna talk about it. Let's talk more about that pop up camper, OK? Let's not talk about me having to drop them all off at school. All day. Me finding a job. Or how my role will change. (fingers in ears, hand over mouth).
I'm thankful I purchased a stuffed animal for B last week at Toys R Us. In all honesty, stuffed animals are like fast food toys. Don't we secretly donate, hide or give them away as quickly as we can? They collect dust and take up too much space, yet "I love him!" Tell me I'm not the only
one who feels this way. Any who, I purchased a monkey for B, the kind with long arms that can hang around his neck. This monkey has been by his side (or hung from his neck) for the past week every
day and night. B had a hard time naming him, he couldn't decide between Browned or Brownish. Not Brownie, no, not at all. He has a thing for -ish words apparently, so Brownish has taken up space in our home. He's even gone to church with us and a Diamondbacks game.
day and night. B had a hard time naming him, he couldn't decide between Browned or Brownish. Not Brownie, no, not at all. He has a thing for -ish words apparently, so Brownish has taken up space in our home. He's even gone to church with us and a Diamondbacks game.
I'm peaceful knowing God has a plan and He has never let us down.
I've accomplished an unsuccessful morning of expectations with the kids (grouchy mom in the house), a few hours of joy as C and his buddy giggled to the point of hiccups, managed 5 hours in the car transporting kiddos, several loads of laundry and feeling cranky and impatient all day.
I knew the moment I woke up it would be a day of asking for grace and patience.
Today, with intention, I will not complain about my poor night of sleep nor will I blame my lack of good parenting choices on it. I will own my actions and behaviors.
No comments:
Post a Comment