I am watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
I have my daughter by my side with an upset stomach. I'm hoping a dose of prepubescent Will Smith makes her feel better.
I am regretting 3/4 of my families food consumption today; hence the upset stomach which is otherwise known as "vacationitis." Our dietary intake consisted of McDonalds, a visit to the Jelly Belly Factory that included unlimited sampling (oy!), and a delicious dinner with two desserts. That alone confirms I'm in the Midwest. The remaining 1/4 of our diet consisted of cheese curds.
I have my daughter by my side with an upset stomach. I'm hoping a dose of prepubescent Will Smith makes her feel better.
I am regretting 3/4 of my families food consumption today; hence the upset stomach which is otherwise known as "vacationitis." Our dietary intake consisted of McDonalds, a visit to the Jelly Belly Factory that included unlimited sampling (oy!), and a delicious dinner with two desserts. That alone confirms I'm in the Midwest. The remaining 1/4 of our diet consisted of cheese curds.
I hear a box fan and the flap of a curtain. It's rhythmic and lullying me to sleep.
I smell fresh air. I am falling asleep with both a front and back door open to the night sky. Flickering in that night sky are lightening bugs which instantly remind me of my childhood. My boys spent 1.5 hours catching them tonight. That was preceded by hours of digging up earthworms and four hours of baseball in the back yard. Does it get any better?!
I feel tired after days of continuous fun followed by late night chats and laughter with my cousins. Juice boxes with vodka are desperate measures for a bunch of adults eager to sneak away while children sleep but we made it so worth it. I loved every minute of; even if I only got a few hours of sleep.
I see Sports Center on TV now per my daughters request. Apparently my girl doesn't appreciate "the oldies." I sort of love the fact she's falling asleep to a baseball game. Reminds me of my summers back here as I'd fall asleep listening to a game as my grandpa snored on the couch.
I see my post in the tiniest font ever as I post from my phone. It's almost painful.
I'm hoping my girl feels better, my boys are awoken by a singing wren and my hubby arrives here quickly and safely.
I see my post in the tiniest font ever as I post from my phone. It's almost painful.
I'm hoping my girl feels better, my boys are awoken by a singing wren and my hubby arrives here quickly and safely.
I'm thankful for lush grass under my feet with huge green trees over my head and waist high hydrangeas at my hips. And for cheese curds. Have I mentioned them yet?
I'm trying not to notice the mosquito that frequently makes itself known as I swooshing near my ear.
I'm peaceful thinking of my grandparents in heaven, smiling as their children, grand children and great grandchildren are together this week.
I've accomplished a great day of vacation that included hot coffee delivered to my bed, sampling a baby wipe flavored jelly bean, shocking my kids with Happy Meals, sipping margaritas with my aunt and strolling the neighborhood as we commented on each and every home.
Today with intention I will thank God for my family. I am incredibly blessed.
1 comment:
Being in the midwest, and eating cheese curds, sounds like heaven to me. Enjoy!
xo
Post a Comment