7.03.2013

Wednesday Senses


I am reassured by my faith. Our unemployed friend is now employed. My friend quickly delivered her 6th healthy baby this week. We heard news of more babies entering our world. My migraine ended after two long days. God answers our prayers. He'll answer yours, too. Maybe not with the answer you desire but He knows your heart and what it best.  This week has been a tough one in AZ-hearing the devastating news about the many lives lost in the AZ fire has been heart wrenching. We must pray.
I have little desire to blog lately. I'm OK with that. If I squeeze in a Wednesday Senses, I'm good. Not sure if it's lack of creativity, loss of words or simply finding the time to commit.
I am thankful for last minute dinner with friends...no fancy table setting or formal attire. In fact, sporting your skivvies is OK according to some. Even leftovers taste good in the presence of friends.


I hear Tom and Jerry. I also hear B pronouncing the word hilarious as "ill-air-e-ass." Good stuff. Not going to correct that one yet.
I smell latex. I've been tying spit laden balloons for the boys for 1/2 an hour. Cheap and gross entertainment. Nothing but the best for our kids.
I feel extremely blessed to be surrounded by great community. Truly. Friendships that are solid-built over time-and now passed onto our children. Friendships that include our faith, a lot of fun and hours of happiness. AKA, happy hour.


I see sweaty boys. I smell sweaty boys. They smell like wet puppies. I recall when I was teaching and the kiddos would come in from recess, oh how they would stink. I'd sprinkle baby powder on their necks to help with the aroma of the classroom. Grossidy, gross, gross.
I see a sore sight out my front window. We get little "weather" here in AZ other than blistering heat and then boom...one big wind comes through and destroys our big tree. Big wind, bigger destruction, biggest mess.
I'm hoping for good news today. 


I'm thankful for a fun weekend with family visiting from the East Coast. They just happened to visit the hottest days of the year and survived! We enjoyed swimming, a delicious spaghetti dinner, a night out for the cousins sans kiddos and wrapped it all up with killer shrimp tacos made my Chef Willis.
I'm trying to make a decision on a rug for our front room. Why is this such a big decision for me? I am not a good decision maker. At all. Just ask anyone who dines out with me. I made a big decision last week on flooring for our office/laundry room and I felt so relieved when done. Maybe I need to set a time limit for myself, like I do for my kiddos. "Michelle, you have 20 minutes to make your decision. You have two choices. Please chose wisely." 
I'm peaceful with the lazy week we've had. I'll be honest, I booked our kiddos up this summer. I'm thankful as its proven to be a great summer-full of activities and opportunities. However, this week we've been lazy...and loving it. Hard pressed to be out the door by 10 a.m., heck it's really hard to be out the door when you're just waking up at 9:30.


I've accomplished smoothie making, pushing through an hour of academics with the boys (C may or may not have forgotten how to multiply. oops.), rug browsing, editing pictures and sun screen applying.  On a side note, I wish there were a device I could apply to our front door that would drape us in sunscreen every time we left the house. Applying sunscreen is a chore in our house. Sometimes it even involves tears. Am I onto something here? Sounds like a problem solver to me.
I knew the moment I woke up I needed to start my day with prayer. Prayers of thanksgiving.
Today, with intention, I will not nag, pester or degrade. It's so easy for me to fall victim of this in the summer when the kids are home, the heat is intense and I am not filled with grace. Lord, fill me with what I need."




1 comment:

Nicolle said...

I'm so sad about those 19 firefighters.

I find it hard to blog lately. I keep doing it for the memories, but my heart is not fully into it. I don't know what to do about it.

The nose picking photo is the epitomy of a boy. Love it.

xo