5.29.2013

Wednesday Senses

I am so glad I could finally share happy news with B regarding school next year. One of my favorite friends will be his teacher and J and I couldn't be happier.
I have very well organized parents. Apparently, this is not a hereditary trait.
I am considering doing this for the summer but where oh where would I put all my stuff?! The idea of it overwhelms me but settles me at the same time. What an internal conflict it would create. At this very moment I'm wanting to strip down every shelf, table and vignette....but then what?


I hear B and his friend S slippin' and slidin' in the backyard. They're giggling to the point of breathlessness. Those two kiddos will miss each other next year when they part ways.
I smell blueberry muffins.
I feel restless from processing some things that have kept me up the past two nights.


I see a new shipment of art supplies for the kiddos this summer. There may or may not be a new package of Sharpies in there for me, too.
I see B sitting at the counter diligently trying to succeed at cherry pit removing.
I'm hoping to find some new summer recipes for our family. I promise to share any good finds. I hate to cook in summer. I guess that's why cereal was invented. My favorite child may have just presented herself to me by walking in and saying, "Mom, can I just have a big bowl of fruit for dinner?"  "Um, yes mam!"
I'm thankful for my hubby's ability to not overreact at life's challenges. I appreciate his easy going attitude and underlying faith.


I'm trying to be better about planning ahead. Do you know what's coming up soon? Father's Day. We did this last year for J.
I'm peaceful knowing we've got a family meeting set up to talk about our summer. With everyone home all day, this mama needs her committee well informed of responsibilities. 


I've accomplished a loooooong art project with the kiddos, listened to "watch this!" 50x as they played outside and sipped a delicious iced vanilla latte all morning long.
I knew the moment I woke up I'd had a restless night and that we have only one more day of alarm setting! Yeah for late nights and even later mornings.
Today, with intention, I will replace criticism with affirmation, towards myself and others.

No comments: