I am thinking about friends that have shared their struggles with me recently. Life is hard, parenting is challenging and marital ups and downs can be exhausting. Some days life seems like the hardest route, you're ready to throw in the parenting towel and knowing that marriage leads us to holiness is our only saving grace. Amen?
I have made three batches of scones this week. However, I have not eaten three batches of scones. Have you made Aunt Kim's scones yet? You should.
I am proud of KK and her efforts and dedication to her school work. It's fun having her grow up and handling her own responsibilities. I love seeing her feel proud and successful.
I hear two little boys saying, "That looks totally wicked!" as they critique each others bug pictures. We're on a big bug craze here. I'm proud to announce that I have been deemed, "The best bug draw-er EVER!"
I smell popcorn.
I feel relieved the week is 1/2 over. Yes, I have 1/2 of it to still manage but I'm thinking positively.
I see flowers from my Godson and a thank you gift from a friend. Happy heart.
I see a string of texts from one of my kiddos teachers that has me in giggling. She rocks. My kid is lucky.
I'm hoping to put some final touches on teacher gifts, not burn the salmon when I grill tonight and change out a shower curtain. High aspirations.
I'm thankful for an awesome aunt that packs my road trip cooler with adult "ice packs."
I'm trying to survive May. Day by day. Hour by hour. Do you tackle your days in increments?
I'm peaceful every May 14th knowing that God welcomed our angel-baby to heaven 9 years ago.
I've accomplished a therapy session; aka a haircut, errand running, lesson planning and smoothie making.
I knew the moment I woke up my kids had fun activities to look forward. Water day at school, play-dates with cousins and one playing hookey at a baseball game with a friend.
Today, with intention, I will slow down; take my time and smell the roses fresh lavender and pray for my friend on her birthday. EK, we love you!