5.28.2013

pretty girls and crab legs


It's Tuesday.
We just ended a 3 day weekend.
A nice, long weekend. More on that later.

Blah.
I'm unmotivated and in a fog.
It happens...once a month. Ironic? No, didn't think so.

I have India Arie blasting through the house. It helps lift my spirits. It probably wasn't smart of me to scroll though years of pictures this a.m. This end of the school year bit always makes me reflective.


Look at those beautiful girls above. Those girls just finished Wax Museum at school and what I walked away with, besides being utterly impressed with their work, was how grown up these kids are. All the baby rolls have shifted to curves, the vacancies in their mouths have been filled with bigger teeth sparkling with braces and their eyes and beautiful smiles have been accented with lip stick and mascara. Ouch.
 
 

KK did her project on Laura Ingalls Wilder. 
Embarrassingly, I have to admit she's never read one of her books.
I did however record two episodes of "Little House on the Prairie" last week.
That counts, right? Informative parenting at it's best.
 

She was beautiful. Make up in place, thankfully applied by myself.
I'm not ready for the day she applies her own. Oy.

She's getting her hair fixed by a previous teacher of hers. This teacher has been a part of our family and will forever be an instrumental part of KK's life.

 

C's baseball team has had a great season. We've been so blessed to have him coached by the same coach for the past 3 years. We've been looking forward to playing in the play offs but were elated this weekend when we beat the undefeated team. Most likely, it'll be the same team we play in the championship. Honestly, knowing we've already beat them feels like we've won. It'd be a bonus to beat them again.
 

On Sunday J and I snuck away to a movie while the kiddos were at the Diamondbacks game and a play-date. We saw 42. I know, I know...we're weeks late to experience it. And man, what an experience it was. It hit every emotion and had many levels to it. Faith, hope and love.

 

Later that day, we had a delicious crab dinner at my parents and celebrated our Godson's birthday.

 
 

Don't let that sweet smile fool you.
On the receiving end of that water are 5 screaming boys.

 

Oh, and I made Grandma Sweetheart's chocolate sauce.
Newsworthy.



1 comment:

Nicolle said...

Your daughter is beautiful!
Chocolate sauce...be still my heart.