we celebrated b's latest birthday at least 5 times.
makes sense since he turned 5, right?
i was lucky to spend the day with him at school.
it was so sweet to see the kiddos make his birthday book.
one girl wrote,
"I love you so much that I can't help it. I remember B because he's so handsome. "
his teacher is playing him "happy birthday," from a music box as he makes his birthday crown.
his teacher is playing him "happy birthday," from a music box as he makes his birthday crown.
we followed up his special day with dinner of his choice.
corn dogs, fries, cucumbers and smoothies.
{gag}
topped it off with chocolate cake and sprinkles.
i realize the picture above is really blurry
but...
check out that kids enthusiasm!
he's excited about a new toothbrush.
he yelled, "this is just what I wanted!"
(he did receive many other nice gifts and there is no shortage of toothbrushes in our home nor did he ever mention wanting a new one)
we celebrated again with extended family.
and again we had chocolate cake with sprinkles.
lastly, we continued the celebrating a week later when he had a little celebration with some friends.
he'd asked for over a year to have a birthday party at one of those (germ infested) bouncy places.
we obliged and thank the Good Lord we did.
it was simple.
it was fun.
it was a smart choice.
he said it was his best birthday ever.
he then said, "how soon until I am six?"
not always the most patient child.
this is exactly what his face looked like earlier in the morning when he opened the front door and discovered a birthday present.
as he picked up the gift, he saw the plumbers van and said,
"I can't believe that man brought me a present!"
"I can't believe that man brought me a present!"
after a few minutes of being bewildered, we told him the truth.
grandpa dan had dropped it on his way to work
and no, the plumber hadn't brought him a gift.
and I kid you not, every morning since then he's checked out front for a present.
number five is alive!
number five is alive!
(any short circuit lovers out there?)




