10.24.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am listening to my big kiddos talk shop. Talking shop for them is homework, school stories and baseball facts.
I have on my PJ's and glasses. Is 5:30 too early for this?
I am eager to eat dinner.
I hear B singing about Jesus.
I smell pumpkin spice cookies (aka Nipple Cookies) and roasted bananas.


I feel really loved by my little boy. "Mom, I really, really, really love you."
I see a messy kitchen, filled with bowls of batter, cups of butter and spoons of sugar.
I see my daughter in the kitchen, wearing an apron, making cookies and blasting music. Where, oh, where does she get this from? That apple didn't fall far.


I'm hoping to be a example to my kiddos. I'm really hoping they see the good examples and forget the rest.
I'm thankful for the ordinary days and I'm especially thankful for the not so ordinary days, like when J joins us for lunch after conferences. This picture captures a conversation between J and B about what a good listener B is at school. "Whatchtalkin' bout Dad? Are you sure?"




I'm trying to be joyful today. I felt a burst of joy when J offered to go to a meeting in my place tonight, I wasn't up for it. More joy this morning when my daughter said, "I feel like I'm forgetting something today. Maybe it's because I'm wearing my Uggs?"    Really? Joy burst out of me...loudly. Wth?
I'm peaceful with the baby fix I got yesterday while holding the sweetest little girl. Not only was she sweet but she shares names with one of favorite people, my daughter. A sweet baby Kennedy in my arms.

An old picture I recently found. So little.

I've accomplished taking the big kiddos to school, dropping B at my sisters, making it just in time to a dr's appt only to wait for 25 mins for the dr., hitting the grocery store, picking up B and J from Atrium, watching two 4 year olds enjoy themselves on inflatable germ laden slides, making dinner, blah, blah, blah. I'm working through my "two day" funk.
I knew the moment I woke up I'd had a very realistic dream that took place in my G'ma's hometown, population 1,700. Most likely it was the Realtor(dot)com search I'd done prior to going to bed, but man I want to be in a different place.
Today, with intention, I will TRY not to vocalize any negative thoughts in my head. Does text messaging or emailing count?  Oh, snap.

No comments: