10.23.2012

It's not "one of those days," it's TWO of them.

Every month there are two days that I am worthless.
Those two days I feel like a ghost performing the duties needed for "life" to happen in our household.
I am unmotivated yet easily irritated. 
I am uninspired yet very emotional.

Blah, blah, blah.
Are you familiar with this sort of funk?
Sometimes what cures my case of the "blahs" is baking.
Oddly enough it's not the dessert I WANT, it's the baking process that I NEED.
I need my hands to be useful.
I need my hands to be productive.
I need to have a beginning and an end to a project.
I need to share with others.
I need to feel satisfaction.


So, out comes the Kitchen Aid, cookie sheets and muffin tins.
This week I've got a couple goodies lined up. I'd pinned this recipe and was eager to give it a try.
The cookies were good, not too sweet and very simple. All ingredients on hand and that's good when I'm in this mood because I don't want to go to the store.
God forbid.


 Chia Seed Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 15 cookies


 Whisk together:
1.5 cups of rolled oats
1 t. baking powder
1.5 cups of all purpose flour (or gluten free)
1.5 T. chia seeds.


Set this bowl aside.


Mix together:
1/4 c butter, room temperature
1/2 c brown sugar


Add:
3/4 c. peanut butter
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla


Slowly stir in oat mixture to combine.
Stir in 1/2 c dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks.

 

Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
Press dough with hands, as dough will be crumbly.
Bake 12 minutes at 350.
Cool.


Then, package them up to share with friends.
After you share them with your kiddos first, of course.




2 comments:

Liz R said...

What are chia seeds?? Those look delicous!! I am hoping chia seeds are some sort of healthy thing that will allow me to justify making these cookies?? ;)

Yunker said...

Looks tasty! I need to get some cookie sheets for my tiny oven. The ones I have are for a regular size oven. NYC apparently doesn't have space for a regular size oven and they are super tiny! lol