10.17.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am remembering the girls I used to work with and the fun we used to have. I just ate lunch at a favorite restaurant from my teaching days. Made me miss some of those fun girls and oh, the laughs we used to have.
I have been challenged this week in many areas. A great talk at church challenged me to be a better parent. All the political hoopla has challenged me to not be judgemental but to be discerning. I challenged myself with over commitment this week. My need for "balance" has been challenged.
I am wanting raspberries filled with white chocolate cream, a Pinterest recipe I made for our Gourmet Club recently. I also added strawberries filled with cream cheese frosting and graham cracker crumbs. Simple yet perfect size of sweetness.
I hear the coffee pot beeping. Between the coffee pot, my phone, the computer and the kitchen appliances I feel like I'm getting beeped at all day. Beep off!  It makes me think of how much quieter my grandma's house was even tho she was raising five kids.
I smell pickles. Speaking of pickles, I've been eager to attempt making them. Any suggestions fellow pickle makers?
I feel sluggish. I didn't sleep well and that's rare, my friends.
I see my daughter catching a glimpse of herself with every mirror she passes. She's checking out the new flash of metal that's been added to her beautiful smile. Sort of like glitter.
I see exciting mail we received today from Birchbox.


I'm hoping for cooler weather. I'm selfish but dang it, I'd like to stop faking fall. Faking it is overrated.
I'm thankful for a fun date with KK yesterday. Just us at lunch with great conversation. I love her getting older as much as I begged her not to. She's very insightful and amazed by our world.
I'm peaceful accepting that I can't do it all and I no longer WANT to do it all. There are a lot of people in the world to fulfill all the obligations asked of us. It's okay to say no. Amen?
I've accomplished baking bread, enjoying coffee with my bestie and taking KK to an appointment. Can I be done now?
I knew the moment I woke up my day would be long. I felt wounded. B woke up much earlier than normal and the big kiddos had friends spend the night and went to bed late. Nothing a little coffee and iced water won't heal today.
Today, with intention, I will try really, really, really hard to be patient with my over tired cranky children. Lord, please give me patience...and while You're at it, please grace them patience with me.

No comments: