10.10.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am happy my hubby is on vacation this week also. He's a bit under the weather but he's home. I like that.
I have gas. No, not really. But can you imagine if I seriously wrote that?! Did I make you smile? I smiled when I typed it. Maturity may not be my strong suit.
I am still in my PJ's.
I hear a fan, the washing machine and the faint muffled annoyance of TV.
I smell stinky laundry. Nothing worse that pulling out dirty, beach smelling, sand heavy clothes.
I feel overwhelmed.
I see new patio cushions. It took me 5 months to pick out what fabric I wanted. I'm happy with my choice.
I see dirty floors, piles of laundry, a sink full of dishes and dust bunnies. But when the kiddos are on vacation, so am I.

 

I'm hoping to do an activity with our kiddos this week that makes them more aware.
I'm thankful for C's passion-especially for baseball. Yes, at times, it maybe too much but J reminds me all the time that at C's age the only thing he has passion for was beating up his siblings. So, I am thankful.
I'm trying to be more creative in the dinner department. I'm in a rut although my cookbook is overflowing with new recipes. I should just pull that baby out and get inspired.
I'm peaceful knowing my boys are at the local hardware store picking out our fall flowers. Remember, we're faking it around here....although the forecast shows an upcoming day below 80!
I've accomplished filling out jury duty paperwork...again. It scares me. It adds to my overwhelmed feeling.
I knew the moment I woke up that it was going to be a good day. Really, any day we wake up is a good day, right? I'm thankful for today. Plain and simple.
Today, with intention, I will not feel pressured nor will I pressure my family to "get things done." When I'm overwhelmed it's easy to start pushing my anxiousness onto them. Yucky stuff. It's going to be a good day, it's going to be a good day...
 

No comments: