I am enjoying a little reprieve from baseball games this week. As much as I love them it's nice having a night at home midweek. We even managed a movie night (an entire movie!) before J headed to Adoration.
I have half our Fall decorations up. The other half is sitting in tubs in our dining room. I look away every time I get a glance of them, I feel pressured by them.
I am looking forward to time with my kiddos during the next two weeks. I'm so glad fall break is here.
I hear nothing. I need to turn on music. I got the new Mumford and Sons album this week, ooooohhh, it's so very good.
I smell bananas. I do not like the smell of bananas nor do I really even like bananas. Quickly I must gather them from my counter and place them along side the other ten or so bananas transferred to the freezer. Some day I'll do something with you guys, I promise.
I feel refreshed.
I see B diligently counting at the counter. He just returned from a date with Papa Bob, an "awesome adventure" that included pizza, tokens and newly hard earned possessions...."family treats." He took the following picture of them and said, "This is a beautiful picture!"
I see a shiny glittered star resting on the cuff of my robe. As I was washing dishes this morning, I looked down and found it. I wonder where I picked it up along the way? I didn't take it off, I'm curious how long it will hang on and travel our world with me.
I'm hoping to make homemade pumpkin spice mixture for lattes in the Rotner home.
I'm thankful for friends. I know some awesome men and women.
I'm trying to get motivated. This time of year begs me to cuddle up with a steaming cup of coffee in comfy clothes and read with the windows open. This season also peaks my curiosity to be crafty and creative. I wish I were motivated to get outside and walk the hood instead of staring at it outside my front window.
I'm peaceful knowing that KK is at such a good place this year. Ten going on eleven can be a tough age. Trying to get those emotions to sync up to the logical part of your being is hard work. Yet it's even harder when the two worlds collide. I'm proud of her. Proud of the extra effort she put into making some new friends this year, working hard at her school studies and still wanting to be home with her family.
I've accomplished a lot today, none of it was fun. But it's done and as I've said before, "done is better than perfect."
I knew the moment I woke up that I was pulling the covers back over my head. I didn't sleep well, no thanks to a lingering cough that decides to show up at nighttime. I allowed myself to sleep in an extra 15 minutes and was so glad I did.
Today, with intention, I will try to stay on task. I often wonder if I've got ADD, I can't seem to finish anything without being distra
No comments:
Post a Comment