You know the kind I'm talking about.
Put it this way, I'm posting from my bed.
I've learned today that my son can be bossy.
He also can be a sore loser.
Trust me, I just finished my 4th game of Uno Attack.
We play a lot of games in our house. Some of our favs: Qwirkle, Uno, Battleship and Candyland.
I pull out random games throughout the week and place them on the counter or dining room table in hopes of the kids sitting down to play.
Some how, I end up sitting also.
Not always by choice.
Like today, because my son was exposing the attributes I mentioned above, I had to play with he and his cousin. I had to keep the humor and fun in the game. I was sort of the class clown, if you will.
I also learned that boys like to dress up as much as girls and leave clothes all over the floor when doing so. I witnessed just how much they don't like to clean them up or be told to clean them up.
Joy. Joy. Joy. I'm lacking it today.
This afternoon I went to hang with KK a bit in her room. Sometimes I wish I were a 10 year girl dressing Barbies and redecorating the Barbie house. I'm a bit jealous of her imagination and creativity.
When I was in her room, I glanced at her closet and smiled when I saw her shirts hung in RAINBOW order.
Even though J went to Costco last night and I went to TJ's today, it's been declared that we have "nothing good to eat."
I respond, "It doesn't have to be good. Just good for you."
How's that for a Mom-ism? Do I have a future in jingle writing for commercials?
This morning when the kiddos were a camp, I redeemed a pedicure gift certificate I received for Mother's Day. Purple is one of the "in" colors of the summer or so I read. I chose a purple polish and I'm not quite sure I want to be part of the "in" crowd. Maybe it'll grow on me?
I hear my boys ask, "When is daddy coming home?" about 17,543x a day.
"I want to play catch with him. Mom, you don't pitch right."
Today even my nephew asked me 3x when Uncle JJ would be home.
Trust me kids, I want daddy home too.
And soon.
I haven't cooked dinner in over a week. KK has learned to cook a few things during my hiatus.
Now, if only I could teach her how to make the perfect gin and tonic with a splash of lime.
One of my biggest pet peeves is hearing people chew their food.
I CANNOT STAND IT.
I swear that this summer, everyone in my house is chewing louder than normal.
My second pet peeve is boxes being opened that end up looking like a crime scene.
Case in point.
Who gets sick in summer? Lame people, like me.
My hubby told me I needed to get to the Dr yesterday and I'm SO thankful he was right.
Three scrips later and I'm feeling fuzzy.
Sinus infection, bronchitis and an ear infection--I go all or nothing, baby.
Thankfully I've got a good book started and lots of opportunity to rest.
My newly Brazilianed (yep, I made that up) backyard is still a sad sight for me.
I really miss all the lush greenery but I'm learning to cope. My coping mechanism: close the shutters.
Trying to find the positive in all of it is the new LIGHT that is cast into our house.
It's BRIGHT.
J felt overwhelmed with the monstrosity of tree branches and stumps in the backyard.
In a fit of frustration he said, "Put this crap on Craigslist, maybe someone will come haul it away."
Right. Stump by stump, honey.
However, I wrote up a cute little ad for those crafty chicks out there and voila...lots of stumps are gone! One was brilliant in using the stumps as chairs for her upcoming redneck party. The second thrifty girl was trying to replicate an end table she'd seen at West Elm for $1,000.
I "saved the day" by offering her my hubby's free stump. (giggle. it's OK.)
Tonight my family is going to dinner at my in laws. I plan to stay right here in bed and rest.
But not before eating a small bowl of vanilla ice cream topped with sliced strawberries and balsamic glaze. Everything tastes better in my Grandma Sweetheart dishes, too.
Speaking of my G'ma...anyone else watching So You Think You Can Dance?
Anyone watch it WITHOUT crying?!
Wondering what the connection is between SYTYCD and my G'ma?
No, my G'ma wasn't on that show BUT she was one hell of a dancer.
There was a grandma watching her granddaugher on last weeks episode that made me miss mine.
She didn't look like her.
She didn't act like her.
But she loved her granddaughter so much and was her biggest fan.
THAT made me miss my G'ma.
They're out the door...off to bed.
Good sleeps.

No comments:
Post a Comment