I have my PJ's on. Wednesday mornings are like Saturdays for me. We don't have to rush out the door, I can enjoy an entire cup of coffee and I look forward to hearing all the lawnmowers rev up in the hood.
I am trying to decide which book to read next. I've got a list of recommendations but am stalling on commitment. Magazines are a crutch for me, carrying me through until I decide to take the plunge.
I hear KK singing her heart out while swinging. iPod in hand, ear buds in place, yes, my girl is a swinger.
I smell pancakes on the griddle. I ran out of milk when whisking them so I subbed with a little Vanilla Cinnamon coffee creamer. The kitchen smelled heavenly, like the aroma that floods your entire being when walking into Cold Stone Creamery. It may just be my twist on the old flapjack as they taste like cake. Maybe a little cinnamon syrup will need to be added for next time. Or vanilla? A cinnamon roll like pancake is in the words. A cinnacake?
I feel peaceful for the moment. I've been all over the boards the past few days. I'm also sippin' coffee behind closed doors, that always helps.
I see tickets to Wicked. I can't wait, I'm eager to see if it's as good as it was on Broadway.
I see my daughter and the creative outfit she concocted today. I remember being her age and that feeling of taking a risk in wardrobe. "Maybe this looks cool? Hmm, I'll find out." This is the daughter that I heard say Adam Levine was "hot AND dreamy." Wooooowza. Not sure what shocked me more, her interest in the opposite sex, recognizing such beauty (well? it's true) or her choosing vocab from the 70's.
I'm hoping to enjoy this last day of cool weather. It's in the sixties here today after this, we're hell-bound kids.
I'm thankful for an hour of Adoration with J last night.
I'm trying to align my heart and my mind. Balance of the mind, body and soul is always a good thing. Is there a chiropractor that can help me adjust?
I'm peaceful with knowing that some day laundry will be done. How do I know this? A conversation C and I had recently.
- C, please put your basket of clothes away.
- Ugh (said loudly and with a grunt)...Again? I just put my clothes away two days ago!
- Let me point out to you that for every basket you put away, I've washed and dried for five people. Sometimes I feel like it will never end.
- Oh it will, Mom. On redemption day, don't worry.
I knew the moment I woke up that I needed about 20 more minutes to sleep. Flexeril can do that to you. I also knew that coffee was waiting and the day was calling my name. I quickly found out it wasn't the day, it was my kids. "Mom, can we have breakfast? Mom, is it Wednesday? Mom, mom, mom..."
With intention, I will strive to be "great." When at Adoration last night, I read this passage-
"...I can breathe hatred into the world. I can breathe suspicion. I can breathe revenge. I can breathe divisiveness. But, because I have the Spirit, I also have the option to breathe what Jesus breathed all around. I can breathe life.
With the Spirit comes the call to greatness. I'm still going to make mistakes. I'm still going to be whoever I am - impetuous, a person who gets angry, whatever. I'm not called to be faultless. But I am called to be great- a great forgiver, a great life-giver to others...what am I breathing on my family, on those around me and my world?"
-The Little Black Book
![]() |
| The 3 C's |

No comments:
Post a Comment