Today started like this...
B had such a difficult time when J left today, I bribed him with a coat of nail polish. Yep, nail polish. Never before have I painted my boys nails but today it was a necessity. As we said good bye to J, he complimented me on my nail polish. Quickly I said, "B let's go do your nails!"
J gave me a big head shake.
My older two kiddos were shocked and said, "Mom, I can't believe you'd do such a thing. Really, mom?!"
Me neither kiddos, me neither.
We saw Wicked this week. It was just as good as the production on Broadway. Only difference was our seats, in NY we were close. Close enough to see facial expression and the mics attached to their foreheads. KK loved it and has the imitation of Glinda down pat. Surprised? Didn't think so.
My 10 year who still has the ability to utilize imaginative play. Thank God.
My sister's new amazing kitchen that she utilizes to make delicious lunches for me. Thank God.
(remember this is a phone dump, the pics hardly do it justice!)
B is at an awesome stage in literacy. Oh, how I love the road to reading! His latest book of choice is "Go Dog Go!" He's got it memorized and wants to "read" it to us every day. Most of all what I love about this stage is the confidence he is experiencing and the joy he has when he tells his siblings he can "read" to them.
They look at me sort of perplexed and whisper, "Mom, he isn't really reading it, right?"
I reassure them, "Yes, he's reading just like you did at 3 years old."
Saw this in a magazine when sitting in a waiting room. It was too cute not to capture. B would rip that off in a heart beat. Now, if it had lipstick, that may be a different story...
Enjoy your weekend.
P.S. No sighting of the snake head yet. I know you were wondering:)





2 comments:
Enjoy the weekend; you've earned it! Mom
more pics of your sister's house please!!!!
have a great weekend!!! hopefully I'll see you tomorrow night!
our sitter is coming at 5:30. wanna meet for pizza or something before?
Post a Comment