3.27.2012

Spring Break Closure

Yesterday closed out the end of Spring Break 2012 for my big kiddos.
B had school so after we dropped him off we headed to the dr. for routine check ups.
Check up. Done.
Shots. Done.
Most likely, it was our last day of great weather so we got on our bikes and headed up to Jamba Juice.
It's rare I am with the big kids alone. It was relaxing to sit in the sun and watch them slurp up overpriced smoothies--which I still ended up coming up and making more of throughout the day, as per their requests.




As we biked away, KK was concerned about my lack of helmet.
She's a typical first born girl. I can totally relate.

--I think you need a helmet.
--What happens if you get a concussion?
--How will we find our way home?

Wait, what?

Ummm...if I get a concussion, don't you dare leave me at Jamba Juice lying on the ground.
Come on!
Please, just find my phone and call 911.

Conversations are not only entertaining as they get older but also enlightening.
For example, KK was informing C on the different styles of bras.
Why the topic came up? I have no idea.
C, however, was perplexed by the concept of a strapless bra.
He's convinced if a strapless dress is paired with a strapless bra, it's bound to fall down and who would want that?!
He's got a point here.

We then moved onto the topic of dating and marriage.
C doesn't know if he wants to get married or have kids.
Last week I told him that when he gets older, he'll do things for his wife -like pop her pimple-out of love for her. He smirked and said, "ew."
To which, I replied, "I know, popping pimples is gross."
"No, mom. I was talking about me having a wife.

KK on the other hand informed me yesterday when she gets married she wants to marry someone just like J.
Awwww.
I asked her why.
"Because he can fix things and I won't ever have to pay a repair man."
"That's it?"
Big smile---"Well, no, he can do a lot of things and he loves us all."

Sounds good to me.

I must admit that two weeks + one day with the kiddos home was too long for me.
Two weeks was perfect.
That one extra day put me over the edge.
Seriously, its like my body knew I'd met my limit.
Yesterday was plagued with whiny boys who "never get to do anything."
(insert teeny tiny violin music here)

Today it was back to reality.
Neither big kiddos slept well but were eager to get to school early.

Farewell, Spring Break.

No comments: