12.28.2011

Wednesday Senses

I am dressed in something other than PJ's or lounge wear today. That's a big deal considering the past few days.
I have the heater off. Sort of bummed it'll be in the low 70's by the weekend. However, Christmas was cold, which was a treat.
I am eating a bowl of potato soup, dropped off by my SIL aka "my holiday bartender." She's dangerous. I bet she's very thankful I don't post discriminating pictures, too.
I hear the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.  I can't really hear the kiddos. That's ok, right?
I smell laundry detergent, Burt's Bees chap stick and our pine wreath.
I feel overwhelmed by the intake of STUFF. I feel eager. I feel disorganized. But, I also feel
freedom from our daily schedule and obligations. Nobody out of bed before 9:30 again today. Yes, the days are shorter when we don't start breakfast until 10 but so be it.



I see our new printer and my new camera. Both come with booklets I need to read to maximize what they have to offer. Instead, I want desperately to read "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." I know I'm late to jump on the band wagon but my bestie is reading it with me so I need to keep up to speed. Peer pressure stinks.
I see three cookie recipes kindly given to me by a neighbor. She made a killer cookie tray for us. Demolished in one day, courtesy of me, the bestie and all our kiddos. Sorry, honey.





I'm hoping to take a black trash bag to each of my kiddos rooms. The kids are overwhelmed as well, trying to find places for their new found treasures. We followed a simple plan for gifts this year but there is still a lot that comes in from other generous people. The gifts they received from us fell into one of four categories. Not sure where I first read about it but I loved it and knew it was a good guideline for us.
  • 1. want--1 or 2 Santa list item/s  --- Santa handles the rest.
  • 2. need--undies, socks, slipper, PJ's
  • 3. wear--jeans, shirts, shoes,
  • 4. read--each kiddo got 3 new books

I'm thankful for relaxing, lazy days. I'm thankful for the Christmas season lasting through the Epiphany. And I'm really thankful that the kiddos have three weeks off.




I'm peaceful with a decision I made today, then executing it and receiving the results I wanted.
I've accomplished tidying things up a bit, snuggling with my niece when laying her down for a nap and returning my rental car.
I knew the moment I woke up that we'd had another long night of sleep and I'd dreamt of painting my house. I'm liking that idea. Oh boy, where would I start...

6 comments:

AGroff said...

Your kids are keepin' you on your toes! awesome!

AGroff said...

Your kids are keepin' you on your toes! awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh how I miss you. So many times I will do something and think of you.."Michelle would like this" or "I bet Rotner would read this" etc. Then I read your blogpost and giggle because I love seeing what you're up to and because I could have written more than half the stuff in your post myself!

Unknown said...

This is Stange btw... Not sure why my profile doesn't show. Just in case you were afraid you had some creepy online stalker. It's just little ol me.

rotner ramblings said...

Michele, you had me wondering. However I listed a few people whom I speculated and you were in the top three. Miss you!

Keri said...

So nice that your kids have 3 weeks off! We barely got 2 this year! Your Christmas sounded fantastic, and the family sleeping in until 9:30 sounds even better! Happy New Year!