12.14.2011

Wednesday Senses

I am in my PJ's getting ready to put on gym clothes. Today I won't wear them for 7 hours before showering.
I have on my robe and Uggs, with a ponytail on my head. I am at least three months overdue for a color and trim.
I am sipping a cup of coffee and just finished a delicious breakfast of a toasted whole wheat bagel, topped with cream cheese, diced tomato and red onion and sprinkled with Garlic, Garlic.
I hear the washer and dryer. Not my usual laundry day, trying to stay "on top of things."
I smell fresh air. I cracked the door so I can soak up the remaining aroma of the past two days of rain.
I feel good. I had a great night of sleep and my belly is full. No headache, which is remarkable considering the weather the past two days.
I see KK's math book and a worksheet calling to be graded. Fourth grade math stinks...for me.
I see two reams of paper on the desk. This past year was the first time we'd bought paper in ten years. I'd purchased so much when teaching we always seem to have a ream in stock until this past year when KK had something due. I was baffled that we'd run out AND I was sticker shocked when buying more.
I'm hoping for more rain. I know, most people want to kill me when I say that but it's damn true. Oh, and for world peace.
I'm thankful that I volunteered yesterday when I really wanted to stay home and wrap presents. It was a good thing I went into school. C had told me twice in the past week that he had his cottage fair on Tuesday. I dismissed it and corrected him both times, "No buddy, it's on Wednesday night." Like I said, good thing I was at school and saw his classroom all set up for the play LAST night.
(On a separate note, I've added 2 additional tally marks to the "Bad Mom of the Year" board. Not my best week. More on that later.)
I'm trying to stay focused on Advent. This helps. It's simple and quick.
I'm peaceful with the completion of our Christmas shopping. Divide and conquer, it helps so much.
I've accomplished breakfast, laundry, packing lunches, and setting up the pack and play for my sweet niece to nap in today.
I knew the moment I woke up I'd scored a few extra hours tonight due to my calendar mishap to work on a writing project.


This is our raccoon from the play last night. Cutest raccoon ever. The play was called, "Hansel and Gretel Eat Right." Adorable songs about composting, eating veggies and trying different foods. My, have times changed. I love it. Nothing cooler than a six year old talkin' calories, HFCS and food groups.

 photo courtesy of Gretel's mom.

2 comments:

Laura said...

very cute raccoon
you should wear that while you bake :-)

Anonymous said...

And the best singing raccoon I have ever heard!