I have tired eyes, a sore body but a grateful warm heart.
I am happy it's cool outside, even rain in the forecast for tomorrow.
I hear C's spoon hitting his cereal bowl with each bite and an episode of Electric Company about ones, tens & hundreds.
I smell coffee and cashews-I dumped 1/2 a container on the floor and yelled, "Oh, nuts!" It took C about 2 minutes to get my joke. Now he can't stop giggling.
I see our bags packed for a trip no longer taking place. Oh, nuts!
I see C's "thankful" turkey he made at school. He's thankful for people in general-his teacher, his brother and sis, his family, his mom and dad and his friends. I love that his world still revolves around humans and it's generally self-centered. Slowly, his circle will widen and start to include "things." It's a natural process, I know. We all come full circle someday.
I'm hoping that B comes home from the doctor with a prescription and will soon be on the mend.
I'm thankful for so much. I know it's that "thankful" time of year and I should be listing what I'm grateful for but I'm blessed in saying it's too long.
I'm trying to pull it together and make a thanksgiving meal. Lord, help me. All I have planned is the dessert. Go figure. In fact, I personally could do without the turkey.
I'm peaceful with our decision to cancel our trip to SD, although I'm really going to miss the beach. I was bummed but God sent me a lot of signs telling me to stay put--sick kiddos, dilemmas with insurance after my accident and a rental car too small for my family (never before have I loved my mini van more).
I've accomplished absolutely nothing besides scheduling B's dr. appt and drinking a cup of coffee. And you know what? I'm fine with that.
I knew the moment I woke up...wait, I haven't even gone to sleep yet...but I do know that I have to make some plans for an intimate Thanksgiving feast for my little family of five.
And you know what? I'm fine with that.
Beach...you'll be missed.
1 comment:
Yes the beach will miss you as well as your huge family!....we love you all andwill miss your sweet faces.....MIL
Post a Comment