11.08.2011

Flabby Friends



This sign greets me at the gym every day.
It's made me doubt my friends.
No, not really.
KK said, "Mom, how can friends prevent you from getting flabby?"

Accountability - something we all need in our lives.
Whether it be physically, emotionally or spiritually.
It's nice to have someone to meet at the gym or a friend who challenges you on your issues or knowing that someone is praying for you.


It's true, accountability can suck.
Sometimes others can bring truth to your vision of the world. 
It may not be what we want to hear but it may be what we need to hear.
There is always the opportunity for failure in our human trials.
Having someone hold us accountable invites them into our experience and makes us that more vulnerable.
However, when we experience success it is that much sweeter to share it with others.

I need to self check once in a while. 
Make sure my mind, heart and soul are all in line.

Am I being held accountable physically?

 
Am I being held accountable emotionally?


Am I being held accountable spiritually?

*****
Any one else felt compelled to participate in The Happy Day Project?
We were "happy" to receive a sweet delivery last night.
ahem...drinks in the driveway...dessert & drinks?

I got a call from my sister this a.m. 
She was the recipient from someone inspired to create "happiness."
I love it.


No comments: