11.29.2011

Lord, give me patience and give it to me NOW.

Patience is not passive;
 on the contrary, it is active;
it is concentrated strength.
Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
I read this quote on one of my favorite blogs and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Some days out loud I pray for patience, some days I beg for it under my breath & some days it's a mantra chanted minute by minute.

From the moment of conception God gives us opportunity to start practicing patience. For some of us, nine months of pregnancy is a really, really long time. We are called to be still and wait for nine months. From the peeling and quartering of the grapes up through teaching your child to drive-patience is necessary.

The twelve Fruits of the Spirit are works that we can perform only with the aid of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the performance of such works is an indication that the Holy Spirit dwells in us. 

And for that, I say, thank God. The gift of parenthood is tough, I'm glad to know we're not doing it alone.
 


1 comment:

Theresa said...

Awesome and just in time for me as well. Thanks!! <3