I am so disappointed in the weather. I am well aware that talking about the weather ages me but, come on...95 degrees in October is ludicrous.
I have a little boy who continues to tell me that he kisses a girl at school.
I am happy when I'm reminded that the world can be small. I strongly believe in six degrees of separation and am thrilled when connections are made.
I hear my daughter chewing cucumbers next to me. I shouldn't be hearing her. I can not stand hearing anyone chew their food. Ever. Drives me batty.
I smell cucumbers. I'm cool with that. I like the smell of cucumbers. Just don't let me hear cucumbers.
I feel tired. It's been a week of late nights, interrupted sleep and early mornings.
I see acorns and pumpkins which pretty much sum up our fall decor. I mustn't forget the hidden stash of candy corns either.
I see a coffee cup, a water cup from Starbucks (and yes, it's a fact that water does indeed taste better in a venti cup topped off with a green straw) and an empty iced tea cup. Day drinking at it's best.
I'm hoping to cook more often next week. This week presents one evening home together as a family. Poor planning presents sucking from the fast foot teat more than I'd like to admit. My progress report would be sportin' a "D-" in time management and preparation for the week. Can you imagine if we as parents did receive weekly progress reports?! Would it help or hinder? Ask yourself and don't be afraid of the answer.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to spend the entire day with a friend. A day involving much needed conversations, browsing custom homes and lunch is only enhanced when it's with a friend who makes you feel normal and reassured. I'm so thankful for honest friends and friends who accept my honesty.
I'm trying to do the right thing in the right moment for the right person.
I'm peaceful with a comment I overheard between KK and a friend. They were discussing their youth and how thankful they were to have had "amazing childhoods." All this at the old age of 11. Hearing this made me smile. It was just the affirmation I needed after a week filled with doubt and questioning my abilities as a parent of three children. Although to feel like their childhood was over saddened me at the same time.
I've accomplished a day for myself-which has only proven to be a good thing. It's tricky to make happen and even trickier to convince myself its necessary.
I knew the moment I woke that morning had come to soon and my attitude needed an adjustment. An extra 10 minutes to crawl back into bed was the perfect adjustment for this cranky girl. I kissed the kiddos good-by, waved to the carpool and hustled to my bed before waking B. Ten minutes can work wonders. Trust me.
Today, with intention, I will listen and try to be "amazing" I saw this sign today in one of the homes we toured. Boom. Plain and simple.
4 comments:
EVERYTHING tastes better in a starbucks cup. Thats why we pay $9 for coffee.
Go go go....your weeks sound like mine...how do we sit and eat as a FAMILY? makes me nuts.
Have a great couple of magazines with awesome MAKE AHEAD recipes. I will send them to you. They have saved me....yesterday we were out the entire day, walked in at almost 6:30 pm, and dinner was hot, and ready to be eaten. It is an awesome feeling.
And it is freezing here. I slept in two sweatshirts, socks, flannel bottoms and three blankets.
My husband was in boxers and T shirt.
I don't get it.
You probably had some amazing moments today! Mostly because you are amazing!!!
Ugh! The chewing sound...I thought of you the other day as my 11 yo ate a sandwich and "smacked" as he was chewing. I could feel my blood pressure going up, but I took deep breaths and gave him some grace because he's got braces right now, and it is a little harder to chew with your mouth closed. Once those suckers come off though....
We have so much in common! I just love you.
Post a Comment