I have 238 mosquito bites on my legs. Why are they here and when did they become snow birds? I do not like them, Sam I Am.
I am happy with our Pope. He has a servants heart, loves people and respects all human life. Amen.
I hear sportscasters announcing a baseball game.
I smell roasted plantain chips. I've been known to eat myself sick on these salty morsels.
I feel relaxed. Our big kiddos are on break and we've enjoyed some extremely lazy days at home. In fact, C is still in his PJ's and truth be told, I don't think any of us have brushed our teeth today.
I see today but I may not see tomorrow. I desperately need to order more contacts, the ones I'm wearing are the only ones I have left. One down the drain and I'm doomed. God forbid I have to wear my Coke bottles in public.
I see a book in front of my me that has brought back a flood of memories. First, the author herself was a hero in my eyes as I was growing up. Anything written by Judy Blume was on my list. And what girl wasn't enlightened by "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret?" It was a rite of passage. My mom recently gave KK a Judy Blume book picked up from a library sale - a hard cover discarded book complete with a check out card. It reminded me of my elementary librarian. She always wore beautiful Native American turquoise jewelry, polyester pants and had a horrible haircut. She rarely smiled and looked disgruntled with anyone under the age of 12 but loved her literature. I remember her hands and the fact she wore pantyhose with sandals but my strongest memory was her reading MLK's speech to us with emotion. The emotionless librarian evolved into an emotional human before my very eyes. This all came back to be today simply by finding that check out card.
I'm hoping to get results soon regarding the testing we've done for B's stomach pain. Waiting is the hardest part.
I'm thankful for a fun night out with friends. Dinner, margaritas and The Lumineers. An already great concert turned awesome when Wesley Schultz left the stage to play in the audience--he said he was more comfortable IN the crowd instead of ON the stage. Lucky us, he ended up at the end of our row! At one point in the evening, he asked everyone to put away their phones, stop recording and just "be present." I loved that.
I'm trying to keep a secret.
I'm peaceful praying for a friend who needs comfort and clarity. Years ago I read a statement that to me reflects true friendship. "Pray for others like you'd want to be prayed for."
I've accomplished grocery shopping, some laundry, two games of Clue Jr., and lunch with my kiddos --and apparently doing it all with dirty teeth.
I knew the moment I woke up, I was greeted by a little boy wanting to cuddle. I couldn't say no.
Today, with intention, I will try to be present and open.


No comments:
Post a Comment