|
I am watching KK's volleyball practice. There are balls bouncing, shoes squeaking and lots of girls grunting.
I have wet hair. We drove into town, jumped in the shower and ran back out the door to practices. I'm sporting beach hair in the desert and it ain't pretty.
I am hungry and would love a monstrous salad topped with grilled salmon and cilantro lime dressing. Instead I am eating raisins.
I hear nothing but silence. C is cuddled on the couch reading a book, KK is in her bed doing the same and B is already dreaming. And I have no idea where my hubby is but it's safe to say he's not in bed, reading or dreaming. He's in "I-have-to-go-back-to-work" mode.
I smell Angry Orchard Hard Cider. {I'm no longer at KK's VB game.} Now I'm home dining on wheat crackers, cheese, mustard and a cider. That salad I desired never came to fruition.
I feel thankful for another week of non-alarm waking agenda. I see bags of dirty clothes, guaranteed to be sand heavy.
I see a large garbage bag full of artificial pumpkins. Maybe, just maybe, we'll start a little fall decor. One trip to TJ's and my decor shopping could be complete. Just need to get myself a grey-blue pumpkin, a fairy-tail pumpkin and more pumpkin branches.
I'm hoping C feels confident and enjoys pitching at his game tomorrow. It's his first time. This mama may be a bit nervous.
I'm thankful for friends with humor. Today KK asked me what quality I look for in a friend. Without a doubt, my quick answer was sense of humor. A person who makes me laugh, has gained a friend for life. And man, I've got some life long friends who've made me cry, snort and possibly almost pee my pants. It's true and I consider it a blessing. And doesn't everyone need a friend who not only works out with you but also loves eating cookies? I have one of those, too.
I'm trying to inform myself and neglect the government shutdown at the same time. This is frustrating. This is scary. This is crazy. I'm peaceful knowing my hubby is home safe. It's been quite a week for him. Since arriving home from a business "adventure" (Go Devils!) and heading straight to the car for a 6 hour drive for a quick family getaway, he did it all with a smile on his face. I'm so thankful. I've accomplished pulling off a surprise vacation for our family. A quick trip to the beach to reset our bodies and souls is always necessary in October. This year, we surprised the kiddos and had two other families in on the fun. We made some pretty awesome memories. I knew the moment I woke up I was thankful for my healthy, crazy and overtired kiddos. Asleep in hotel beds, surrounded by fluffy white sheets and piles of white pillows, they looked angelic to me. Today, with intention, I will enjoy the slow pace and lack of schedule or commitments. |
10.09.2013
Wednesday Senses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment