I am drinking cold coffee and eating hot carrots with jalapenos. Probably not the most soothing combination.
I have on scrubs and a sweatshirt. The scrubs are compliments of a friend and her five finger discount over 15 years ago.
I am DREADING the summer already. I'm trying really hard to live in the moment but knowing that hell looms in the next few weeks nearly sickens me. Dramatic? Maybe.
Anyone in San Diego need a house sitter for the summer?
I hear B playing Memory on the iPad- "Correct!" "Nice going!" "Congratulations!" The woman's voice sounds like a kindergarten teacher on helium.
I smell fresh air and Carmex.
I feel the need to migrate outdoors. I see two adirondock chairs inviting me to accompany them.
I see my family piled on the couch awaiting the announcement of our newest Pope. What an awesome time in history for my kiddos to learn and feel included in our faith community.
I see a clear, blue sky and telephone wires spotted with birds.
I'm hoping for conviction and courage. And I'm hoping this migraine that keeps nudging me and says, "I'm still here" dies a slow death.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to watch my kids be carefree and make memories.
I'm trying to not take my kiddos behavior personally-good or bad. Humility and Pride-all in one.
I'm peaceful and optimistic.
I've accomplished two hours of a.m. reading, breakfast and emptying the dishwasher.
I knew the moment I woke up it was quiet, everyone was still sleeping and I had a few hours to myself.
Today, with intention, I will try to bring smiles to the faces of my children. Laughter would be a bonus.
No comments:
Post a Comment