Some to decorate. Some to use for our Easter picnic.
I'll be taking quiche to our Easter picnic this year.
Both of these recipes are simple and quick to prepare.
If you haven't decided yet what to make/take, try one of these recipes. I promise, they won't disappoint. And the best part of all, neither taste like egg!
Broccoli Quiche
- 2 Tbls. butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1- 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Over medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and broccoli. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
3. Spoon vegetables into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until center has set. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Asparagus, Spinach and Feta Quiche
adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
- 1/2 Tbls. olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, ends removed and cut into 1 inch pieces (I used skinny aspargus, approx. 1 cup, diced)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, I cut it up into small pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 3/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped - I omitted
- 1- 9 inch unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a 9 inch pie plate with dough and stick in freezer while you prepare the other quiche ingredients.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus and spinach. Cook until asparagus is tender and spinach is wilted.
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Stir in both cheeses. Add salt and pepper, to taste. See that extra yolk in there? Twins.
5. Remove pie crust from the freezer. Place asparagus, spinach and onions on the bottom of the crust. Pour egg and cheese mixture over the vegetables. The chunks of cheese will be at the bottom of the bowl, don't forget those morsels...
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Have a glorious Easter!











2 comments:
...and we all know how much you love eggs! :)
We love quiche. I am going to try out your recipes. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!
Post a Comment