11.28.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am drinking a peppermint mocha and nibbling on bran muffins.
I have 13 roses on the counter.
I am glad we got away for a short trip up North for Thanksgiving. Cooler weather makes the holidays seem real. We could legitimately sing, "O'vr the river and through the woods, to Grandmothers friends cabin we go..."


I hear Pandora's "Mercy Me" Holiday station.
I smell rich, sweet goodness in the oven and chicken noodle soup on the stove.
I feel concern for several friends right now. Everybody needs prayers, a helping hand and a full belly. Sometimes, G'ma Sweetheart's caramel bars do the trick. Recipe here.


I see footballs and helmets on the rocking chair. Football season is celebrated to the fullest in our home. Sunday afternoons mean dinner in the crock-pot, the occasional nap (ahem, J), replays on the rug between my boys and lots of loud cheering. Sometimes, depending on the game, I get to sneak back to my room for an episode of two of House Hunters. I love Sundays.


I see my new favorite Christmas decor, compliments of B, perched on my kitchen shelf.


I'm hoping to get in the holiday spirit. The kids are whining, begging,  asking to put the the tree. Maybe today? Maybe tomorrow? And apparently, I'm not the only one ba-hum-buggin'...check this out from my mama. Funny girl.


I'm thankful for God placing people in our lives at the right time, for the right reason. I trust that.
I'm trying to get my Christmas shopping done this week. Amazon Prime, you rock.
I'm peaceful knowing a beautiful baby girl was welcomed safely into our world. I loved waking up to a text with a picture of 7 lbs of pure love.
I've accomplished 16 years of my happily ever after. Sixteen years of loving my hubby. We celebrated 13 years of "wedded bliss" this weekend. I looked through our wedding pictures, laughed at our reception pictures and felt a twinge of sadness at seeing faces who are no longer with us. Man, we had a blast at our wedding and looking through our pictures so did a lot of our friends.


I knew the moment I woke up I was happy to have another day-despite a tired hubby, a moody preteen, a cranky son and an aching foot, I'm still happy.
Today, with intention, I will try to give thanks for the mundane. The predictable. The busyness. And for caramel bars.






No comments: