I love chips and salsa, especially in summer when washed down with a frosty margarita.
But I do not discriminate. I enjoy salsa year round and look forward to Fall when I can make this
simple holiday favorite.
I make the recipe to taste. You may omit the jalapeno or add extra. Whatever you want. Make it yours.
I firmly believe this tastes better after a day of hanging out in the refrigerator. It's a great appetizer and would love to be spooned over a block of cream cheese and served with crackers. I know so, it's so good it speaks to me. Or maybe it'd like to be on top of grilled chicken or used in a sandwich after thanksgiving.
Cranberry Salsa
-serves 8 as an appetizer (or 2 on date night with cranberry margaritas)
In a food processor, add:
-1 can cranberry sauce
-1/2 an onion, chopped -I used white but green would be lovely
-1 jalapeno-we keep in the seeds. We like it spicy.
-1 handful of cilantro
-juice from 1/2 an orange
Process slightly.
I add the following ingredients a few hours after letting it set.
-two pinches of sugar
-salt and pepper, to taste
Enjoy!
2 comments:
Do you use the whole cranberry sauce? Looks delish!
Whole or jellied, I've used both.
Post a Comment