11.07.2012

Wednesday Senses

I am craving ceviche.
I have changed clothes twice today. Cool mornings followed by hot afternoons and ending with chilly evenings takes a toll on one's laundry.
I am afraid of loose hair especially of unknown origin. I once had a friend tell me I'd earned my Ph.D., paranoid of hair disease (Hi, L!).  And to think I once wanted to be a hairdresser?


I hear the hum of appliances and airplanes overhead.
I smell gorgonzola gnocchi.
I feel hungry. I need to go grocery shopping. Not good timing.


I see an amazing forecast for the weekend. I can hardly wait. Seriously, I. am. giddy.
I see a TJ's flyer. Last thanksgiving, TJ's provided us with everything we needed for our intimate dinner. One of our best thanksgivings ever. Unplanned. Alone. Relaxing.
I'm hoping my sons grow up to be like their dad.


I'm thankful the election and all that comes with it is over.
I'm trying to deal with some behavior struggles we've encountered here lately. J and I need to rework some of our parenting tactics. Phooey.
I'm peaceful with some of the letting go I've done over the years. I used to pride myself on mailing my holiday cards out the day after Thanksgiving. It's mid November. I just scheduled our family pictures...for December.


I've accomplished a work out, washing dishes, a shower and talked one kiddo off a ledge.
I knew the moment I woke up two little boys were slumbering aside me. Every time J heads out before 6 a.m, the boys magically appear to replace him. C once explained, "Mom, I just don't want you to be alone in your bed."
Today, with intention, I will try to just listen. No feedback. Just listen.

No comments: