5.02.2014

bye bye baby


Bro-Jo

Six Things That Make You Awesome on Your Birthday

1. You are generous with your love and affection. I especially enjoy the "I love you soooo much" whispered as you drift off to sleep. You don't hold back your emotions or affection for others, we're so lucky to be loved so much by you.

2. You are a good friend and cousin. You love your friends and make friends very easily because you are kind, well mannered and polite. We are so thankful you practice kindness.

3. You challenge us so differently than your siblings. So often you make me shake my head in wonder and say out-loud, "Seriously, God? Back me on this!" Before you were born, we'd said with two kiddos it was very black and white. We were curious about the gray. Nine months later...we met the gray. You are our gray.
*p.s. gray's always been one of my favorite colors. wink, wink.

4. You teach all of us about living life to the fullest, practicing patience and exerting determination. You don't back down. Some days it makes me cringe but when I envision your future, you're going to be a man of determination, passion and love. Whether it be a bug or the solar system that grabs your attention, you're engaged and inquisitive.

5. You are really funny. You come up with lines that have us in stitches. Clearly that eggs you on because watching us laugh only makes you smile bigger. Mission accomplished kiddo, you're a hoot.

6. You are courageous and brave-and when your mind is set, you give it your all. Today I die a slow death. Every year I tell you don't need to have the birthday, you can stay little forever but you completely ignore me and continue to grow and become more awesome--because your mind is set.

I love you to China, B-sting,
Mom




2 comments:

Nicolle said...

Aw, happy birthday to your baby! 6 does make them so big, doesn't it?!

I love that he is so kind, and that he loves his friends and makes them so easily. I often say I don't understand so many kids that Boyd runs into that tell him, I don't like you or I don't want to be your friend. It makes me sad! I love kindness and love and seeing that in our boys.

xo

Laura said...

6 is a gift.
such a special age.
Happy Birthday sweet Boy..God bless you on your birthday and always!