We're approaching the finish line ending another year of school. Summer is on it's way. Most importantly, we're approaching no more alarm clocks. Big deal for us. Truth be told, today we'd of overslept if it hadn't been for a frantic knocking at our door at 6:45. The fact that I almost didn't answer confirms we're ready for summer.
We are counting down the days, well, we have been for weeks. We are ready to celebrate the trials, growth and successes. We've learned what we're capable of and where we need to push ourselves. We're ready to relax, have fun, take on new chores and makes memories for the summer of '14.
Winding down the school year is tough; kids are eager for summer, teachers are burnt out and parents are anxious. Remember this gem from Jen Hatmaker last year? Worth a re-read just to confirm you're not crazy. And this...End of Year...in pictures. So funny.
*Project #1--make our summer bucket list.
Saw this list yesterday, may be more realistic...
Make ice cream in a baggie.
1. Buy ice cream.
Watch the sunrise and bring a picnic breakfast.
2. Feed the kids breakfast as often as possible. We've already witnessed the sunrise every morning for the first few years of their lives.
Sleep outside on the trampoline together.
3. Let the kids sleep outside on the trampoline ... without me.
Got an old chair lying around? Give the kids a permanent marker and let them go to town on it.
4. Draw with them ... on paper.
Make a fruit pizza! Let kids help with the toppings like strawberries and blueberries.
5. Order pizza.
Have a yard sale and let the kids help.
6. Have a yard sale when the kids aren't there, because most of what we sell is their old junk that they would never willingly part with.
Play games, like hide-and-seek.
7. Play hide-and-seek, and find a really good hiding spot to enjoy some peace and quiet for as long as possible. Bring a good book and a Diet Coke into said hiding spot.
Host a themed play date, like a Pirate Play Date, and provide inexpensive eye patches, pirate hats out of newspaper, and Goldfish Crackers as "sea food."
8. Invite some kids over to play. Have Goldfish Crackers as a snack.
Make a carwash for the kids' bicycles using PVC pipe, pool noodles and your imagination.
9. Let the kids play with the hose.
Write sight words on diving sticks and call out a word. See who can dive into the pool and find that word first.
10. Take the kids swimming.
Get details here: the chic site
Here are a few I've had pinned for the summer. You can imagine my giddiness when KK said she wants to step outside of her comfort zone this summer...to craft! My boys dig crafts, glad she's on board now, too. Thanks to Pinterest I found crafts suitable for teens.
details here: www.itsalwaysautumn.com
details here: www.blogmemom.com
details here: www.viewalongtheway.com
details here: http://kidsactivitiesblog.com
I especially love this idea for C.
This could be a summer long project between the writing, staging of props and
picture production.
OH, the anticipation of it coming in the mail, too!
I especially love this idea for C.
This could be a summer long project between the writing, staging of props and
picture production.
OH, the anticipation of it coming in the mail, too!
details here: www.somewhatsimple.com
details here for the following projects as well: diyready.com
great site for older kid projects
With Arizona temperatures, always comes our tradition of dashboard cookies. We've made them for years. I recently came across directions for those of you who'd like to try it. So much better than frying an egg. Gag. Plus, your car smells divine!
I'm a little scared. I'm a little excited. I'm armed with activities and should be able to handle this. I like time with my kiddos. I like having the opportunity to do things we don't typically make time for. I like it best when they're home, happy and helping. Lord, just don't let me become a crazy woman in the heat and everything will be OK.













No comments:
Post a Comment