I am pleased with the flow of our summer. It has been crazy busy; which is good. The days of preparation have proven to be successful. Every day promises an activity for each kiddo, electronic time and reading time. One day a week, I try to leave open for spontaneity or for down time at home. I love those days and I especially love to see what the kiddos come up. I also love the spur of the moment opportunities that we can join in on; meeting friends to swim, a baseball game with Grandparents or frozen yogurt runs in our PJ's.
I have my PJ's on, speaking of those yogurt runs.
I am also ready to go ballistic once every day. Yes, the summer has been awesome BUT that doesn't mean that every single time we leave one "fun" outing that SOMEONE doesn't say, "What are we going to do next?" "I never get to do anything!" Right. And don't get me wrong, I don't miss the opportunity to inform them of how fortunate they are. Or for how many hours I've been shuttling them here and there. Or that it's 110 degrees. Oh, no sirree.
I hear the washing machine. Judging by the sound of the continual, "clank, clank, clank," someone must have been rock collecting. Or else someones iPod is getting cleansed.
I smell Moroccan mint tea and Pirate's Booty. Oh my kids would've hoot and hollered over that comment. "Mom smells Pirate's Booty!"
I feel loved by my hubby.
I see a collection of flash lights standing position on the counter. Those said flashlights have created many dance parties lately. My boys dig a dark room with flashing lights and thumpin' music. I dig that it takes me back to the 90's. Just wait til I whip out my overalls and big hair.
I see a lonely cake stand. I think blueberry scones with lemon glaze need to comfort that lonely spot. By the way, the ever famous Aunt Kim from Aunt Kim's Scones is celebrating a birthday today.
I'm hoping to start a new book this week. Then, I'm hoping it will not only hold my attention long enough to enjoy it but also hope I can find time to finish it this summer. Me+ Books=It's a looooong story.
I'm thankful for friends who are great examples of marriage and faithfulness.
I'm trying Bikram yoga with J tomorrow morning. What?! What?! No, you didn't read that wrong. I was just kidding tho. The idea of choosing heat makes me want to vomit.
I'm peaceful knowing I'm crawling into bed before 10 p.m. The remainder of my family has already beat me.
I've accomplished a lot but the best part of the day was lunch with my girl. Again, per her request.
I knew the moment I woke up, everyone had a great night of sleep. No mid-night wakers. No early risers. Rest was needed. Temperaments told me so.
Today with intention, I will "ask for grace, that when stress mounts, I'll dismount it with gratitude." Love me some Ann Voskamp.
1 comment:
I love spontaneous summer days.
You and I sound a lot alike, in so many ways!
Boyd loves to say Pirate's Booty. :)
Love that last picture.
I need to write down and memorize that Ann Voskamp quote. Love that to pieces. I need to apply that, daily.
Post a Comment