2.20.2013

Wednesday Senses

I am eating roasted tomato and red pepper soup. My daily breakfast. I don't like the typical breakfast offerings. Eggs, eww, gross.
I have on yoga pants with no intention of doing yoga. I have on a sweatshirt but have no intention of sweating.  I also have on sneakers/tennis shoes and don't plan on sneaking or playing tennis.
I am baking a chocolate fudge cake with penuche filling for a friends birthday.
I hear B doing a breathing treatment. It affirms me that we indeed do experience seasons here in AZ.
I smell tortilla soup. An oldie but a goodie.


I feel tired. We all know when one is tired they must rest. So, today I will rest. Good thing it's a rainy day, my couch has a warm cuddly blanket and I've got episodes of Downton Abbey on Hulu.
I see a make shift fireplace in the living room. I like my house dark, only to be lit by the glow of candles.
I see my phone with a screen I often visit. 4 pictures, 1 word App. Dang game has me hooked.
I'm hoping to be encouraged, enlightened and entertained by some friends over a glass of wine this evening.


I'm thankful my dad took B for lunch today, for choosing to go to C's practice last night, for fleece pillowcases (thanks, sw), and for conversations with friends that confirm that our crazy life is indeed normal.
I'm trying not to worry. When I wake in the night and can't calm my mind, I know I'm worried.
I'm peaceful with what I ask of my children.
I've accomplished grocery shopping, baking, soothing, shuttling, praying, cussing, and consuming three entire cups of coffee. Three cups is pure craziness but it's cold and I'm overtired. It's either coffee or a bloody Mary.
I knew the moment I woke up the kiddos breakfast would be in the form of smoothies. Late starts are never good.
Today, with intention, I will take advantage of one area in my vocation that is such a blessing to me-the ability to be my own boss. Today, this boss is declaring it a "rainy day" schedule and is allowing the company to pick up my coffee tab.

3 comments:

Nicolle said...

I love this, especially your last sentence!

Also, I can so relate to your list of accomplishments. Yesterday I ran errands, school pick up, played outside, cleaned, cussed in my head at someone, did a bible study, and wished I would have stopped for a glass of wine. I get it.

I'm a huge fan of a dark living room, and candles. So cozy. I hope you got your day of rest.

Karen said...

Thought of you today enjoying the RAINY day!! Glad you could be cozy with coffee and candlelight!!

Yunker said...

Wasn't it a snow day??